Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    The xenon conversion is about a grand for my car. I don`t plan to keep the bimmer for more than another year, so at this point it just doesnt make sense. i am just looking for a quick upgrade for the halogen bulbs....never thought it would be this difficult! haha

ps....in NJ today the ice storm is getting bad. If I get stuck going home again today, I might not even have the bimmer another year!! A4 here I come!

Post Thanks / Like
    I hear you. I got stuck going out of my driveway last year, and the car is FWD! But I got winter tires this year, so it`s not been a problem. And so far it`s been mild.

Sounds like the quick upgrade is the way to go for you. However, I am surprised that you would go A4 instead of an Xi?

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the Xi...but its jacked up too high! BMW jacks it up another inch and it looks more like an offroader to me. A4 preserves the sport sedan styling. Now the question will be a chipped 1.8T or 3.0.............but I think I am about a year away from that.

Post Thanks / Like
    At one point, I thought about making the high beams and foglights all Xenon. I wanted to do mine through http://www.hids4less.com/www/index.asp However, I would have to send them the foglight housing for them to get a bulb that will fit.

I have seen some Maximas (especially 4th Gens) with Hanabi or Osram kits.

I'm feelin' fine cause I got that shine!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have the 9007 Piaa Extreme White in my frontier and I am very happy with the results. The Price is a bit but it does come with a one year warranty. I got my vehicle without fogs and I am definitely going with a set of Piaas driving lights.

Post Thanks / Like
    i`ve tried osram cool blue and Philips vision plus.

the osrams (sylvania) were ok, but they both burnt out within 6 months.

I`ve had the vision plus for about a year now and they`re great.

got them from www.powerbulbs.com in the UK. Free shipping and they usually throw in some free bulbs. I got a free set of Osram H3 fog lights with my vision plus bulbs :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I suggest doing research before buying these `brighter bulbs`...I personally think a lot of it is crap...A set of PIAA`s for $50+...gimme a break. Have a look at Daniel Stern`s lighting page:

http://lighting.mbz.org/

Me....standard Hella Halogen 80/100W H4 bulbs in European headlights...with a high powered relay kit.

Thumbs up to Powerbulbs.com! :xyxthumbs I order my fog bulbs from them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Xenon effect bulbs tend not to be bright.... more for image only.

I am going to get one set of sylvania silverstars and one set of phillips vision plus. After experimenting, one set will go in the low beam and one in the high beam. These rated the highest in brightness........check this out.......

http://www.powerbulbs.com/reviews/autoexpress.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Silverstars in my ride. I got them @ Auto-Zone. Buy one get on 1/2 off then a $10 mail in rebate. I am very pleased with them. Not them crappy blue you see everywhere. Very pure white (which actually has a blue aura). I changed them one a time so I could see the difference. The stock bulb was very yellow in comparison. Nice and sharp and crisp.

No, HID but close and I like `em...:xyxthumbs
    2002 Ford Escape Xlt True Blue, Goodyear Forteras and Tekno Rims

Zaino

Post Thanks / Like
    This is my opinion of aftermarket bulbs:

Silverstars > Cool Blues > a box of doodoo > PIAAs > generic fake HIDs

I had PIAA Superwhites that I paid $80 for the pair and a $20 pair of Cool Blues were noticably brighter. Silverstars were brighter still, even without the 9005 conversion (which I may do one of these days).

If I get a new (or newer) car this summer, it will definitely get HIDs though-either because it came with them from the factory or because I buy a conversion kit. Not worth it on my (now) 13-year-old Accord that is 1800 miles shy of a quarter of a million miles.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered the bulbs...is anyone interested in pics of before and after vs stock? If there is interest I will post when the install is complete........

Post Thanks / Like
    I would be interested in a look at the new bulbs. How are you going to do the comparison, one original-one new bulb?

Then new bulb against new bulb? ( take it you are buying both brands).

Lastly, which car are you upgrading?

I have the cheap eurolite lamps now, but if your results are positive i will replace them with the brightest one, once mine burn out. :xyxthumbs

Thanks

ryeh2o

Post Thanks / Like
    that is my daily driver. I will take a picture of the drivers view on a dark road with stock lights and then both sets of aftermarket bulbs I am purchasing. Then I will take a picture head on, one side stock, the other replaced.......

How is that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by DETAILKING

that is my daily driver. I will take a picture of the drivers view on a dark road with stock lights and then both sets of aftermarket bulbs I am purchasing. Then I will take a picture head on, one side stock, the other replaced.......

How is that?

Well?....We`re waiting!

Anyway, I did the 9006 to 9005 conversion. I used a tip I saw on another board and heated the knife I was using to remove the two center guides in the 9005 bulbs (the 9006 bulbs have just one) and it only took a few minutes each bulb. Much faster than my first attempt with a box cutter and new razor blade.

Definite improvement. I can tell a big difference when I am side by side another vehicle and can clearly see my headlights are not only putting more light down, but it is also whiter. I`ve been next to a couple of cars with true HIDs and while my lights aren`t as bright, the whiteness on the ground is very close.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I used a sodering iron to melt out the guides. That makes short work of the bulbs. I did the conversion on all 4 of my bulbs so just in case one of my low beams burns out I`ll have a quick replacement handy. Its a very worthwhile conversion if you have the 9006 low beams. I actually have a link with a `how to` posted around here somewhere. search under "9005 Conversion" and I`m sure it will pop up.
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information