Thread: Its so Wrong!

Post Thanks / Like

This is my 02 Bonneville SSEi. Ive posted pics of it on here before, but not really since I finished the engine build. Over the course of about a year, this car went from a pretty basic SSEi with some bolt ons to one of the wildest bonnevilles I know of.

It all started with a misdiagnosed clunk. I wrongly suspected a rod bearing. Turned out to be loose flywheel bolts. Oops. By the time I figured that out I was already neck deep. I had already built a beefy shortblock by then, so full speed ahead.

Block/bottom end:

-Block fully align honed, deck machined and magnafluxed

-Crank lightened and balanced

-Cracked end forged rods with ARP rod bolts

-Diamond Forged 9.5:1 pistons (stock CR is 8.5:1)

-ARP Head studs

-Cometic MLS Head gaskets

-Balance shaft delete, oil port plugged

-Oiling system mods include ported passages, higher pressure relief spring and surface ground oil pump cover

-Powerbond SFI approved harmonic damper with 5% overdrive and 8 rib supercharger drive

Heads/cam:

-Heads ported and machined for higher lift

-Comp Cams 130# springs, Ti retainers and low profile viton valve seals installed. Max valve lift the heads can handle is about .620"

-Yella Terra 1.8:1 roller rockers (stock ratio is 1.6)

-Comp Cams heavy duty oil restricted pushrods

-Intense Racing S1x camshaft: 220/221 duration @.050, .321"/.329" lobe lift

-GM Performance LS-7 lifters

-JE Double roller timing set, machined to fit properly and not interfere with oil pump cover, etc.

Induction/fueling/etc.

-Eaton M90 Gen V supercharger (a step up from the Gen 3 found normally on these cars), ported, machined, rebuilt and wrinkle coated

-2.8" blower drive pulley(roughly 12-15psi)

-Lower intake manifold ported and machined for intercooler clearance

-Blower machined to accept future water/meth or n2O injection

-2.5" thick water to air intercooler modified for custom PCV setup

-Northstar/LS1 throttle body

-85mm GMPP MAF

-42.5#/hr Lucas injectors

-AN braided underhood fuel lines

-Custom fuel rails

Exhaust:

-Wrapped stainless steel headers; 1.5" primeries to 3" downpipe

-3" Full stainless custom exhaust system with a glasspack and two magnaflow mufflers (in line for replacement with something livable)

Transaxle:

-Freshly rebuilt 4t65HD

-Hardened input shaft

-ATI Treemaster 2500 rpm torque converter

-Raybestos friction, all stage 2 stuff

-All service items addressed, improved solonoids, etc.

-Stock gearing, Dif and drive chain (cheaped out and regret it)

-Other stuff (trannys arent my thing)

Suspension, brakes, blah blah:

-Custom wound springs, ~1.75" drop all around

-Bonneville gxp Strus

-GXP Swaybars

-Energy poly swaybar bushings and endlinks

-Custom engine and trans mounts, drivetrain lowered .5" for hood clearance

-Brembo 4 piston calipers all around(first Gen Cadillac CTS-V front and rear)

-14.5" front, 13.3" rear rotors

Interior/sound

-Pioneer DEH80prs head unit

-Diamond 75X4 speaker amp, active crossovers, one channel per driver

-Boston Pro60 6.5" component speakers, fiberglass reinforsed door panels

-Plenty of damping and soundproofing(MLV and ccf)

-Memphis M Class 1000D Sub amp

-Image Dynamics dual 4ohm voice coil 12" sub in a ported box, tuned to 30hz

-Custom guage pod A pillar covers, integrated tweeters

-other things...

Exterior/Lighting

-FX Bixenon retrofit by HIDIllusionz

-LED Front turn signals/markers

-Blazer HID fog light retrofit with CCFL halos

-Catz Zeta boosted HIR highbeams

-Tinted tail lights (too dark)

-Subtle custom doodads here and there

I still have a lot planned for the car, but the realityis that I want something sprtier. This is a great freeway bruiser, but wrong wheel drive means it doesnt launch and over 4000lbs means it cant turn. It puts a grin on my face but im starting to plan my next build already.

Anyway, if you made it to the bottom, congrats and thanks for looking.

Post Thanks / Like
    ã¤ã®ã¯å¥³å`ã§ã€ã²ã¨ã¤http://www.madeo.hu/ugg.html ã‚ãªã„ã‚ã®å›£å«©è‚‰ã®æ‰‹å¼·ã„ã®å¢ƒç•Œã§ã€ ã‚‚ã—ã“法器ã¨ã€å½¼ã¯ã‚ã®ç‹‚猛æらãã “ã®ä½•æ—¥è¸ã¿å‡ºæœˆçœŸå†¬ã«å¿…æ`»ã«ãªã‚‹é£Ÿ ã¦.ã†ã‚“ã€ãŠèŒ¶ã¯è‰¯ã„圣ã®æ‰€å¾—ã¯ã€è‡ªç „¶ã«ãæ„›ã„天女ã§ã¯ãªãã€ä¸€æ–¹æ³½ä¸€æ’ƒ を打ã¡å‡ºã—ã€
    底的ã«æ‰“ã¡ç`´ã£ã¦æœ¬æ¥æžå¤©å¢œã¤å¾Œã€ã ©ã®ãらã‘ãŸ.---ã¿ã‚“ãªã«ã„地を画ã—ã¦ç‰¢ã¨ãªã™ã¦ã„ã ¦ã€ä»Šè‡ªåˆ†ã®ãŠå°»ã„ã»ã©ã®é‡å¤§ãªæå¤±ä ¸€å¤©æ€ã‚ãšå¥½å¥‡ã«å°‹ã`ãŸãŸãŸã¡ã‚‚行㓠ã†ï¼å¤ç´`é–“ã€è‡ªåˆ†ã«æº–備開始ï¼â€œç§ã‚ ‚ã—ãŸã“ã¨ãŒã€åˆº
    ugg 男性用 アグ ãƒãƒ¯ã‚¤ ugg ãƒ`ã‚´ ugg ブーツ 韓国 ugg人気ブーツ ugg ä¿®ç† ã‚¢ã‚°ã®ãƒ–ーツ新作 アグ オーストラリア å½ç‰© アグオーストラリア アウトレット ugg ブーツ オーストラリア アグ é´ ugg ãƒã‚¤ãƒ“ー ミニ アグ モカシン ugg ç¦å²¡ エミューã¨ugg アグ 人気ランã‚`ング シドニー ugg アウトレット アグ公å¼ãƒ›ãƒ¼ãƒ`ページ アグ クラシックミニ ugg クラシックショート アグブーツ激安 ugg スリッパ uggã¨emu アグ楽天 ugg ニットブーツ
    http://www.madeo.hu/ugg.html ugg ãƒ`ートンãƒãƒƒã‚° 楽天 ugg ãƒ`ートン ãƒãƒ¯ã‚¤ アグ 店舗 ugg ã‚`ッズ サイズ表 ugg サンダル 激安 アグ メンズ スリッãƒãƒ³ ugg 手入れ アグ ãƒãƒ¯ã‚¤ ブãƒ`ã‚° ugg ãƒ`ートンブーツ ベイリーボタン UGG ブーツ æ`£è¦å“ 2013 ugg ãƒ`ートンブーツ クラシックショート ugg ã‚«ãƒãƒ³ ugg ブーツ 激安 楽天 ugg ミニ アグ サイズ ugg ブーツ 人気色 ugg スリッパ アグ ãƒãƒ¯ã‚¤ 価æ`¼ アグ オーストラリア 店舗 UGG ã‚`ッズ ãƒãƒ¯ã‚¤ アグ オーストラリア å½ç‰© アグ ãƒ`ートンブーツ 値段 ugg ブーツ 人気 ugg サンダル レディース ugg ブーツ ベビー
    ã¾ã—ãŸã‹ï¼Ÿã¾ãŸã‚る人???http://www.madeo.hu/ugg.html å”行雷ã®è¡¨æƒ…を見ã¦æº€åŠ©ã‘ã¦ã€ã™ãæ€ ’ã£ã¦ç¿¼ã®æœˆæ›œæ—¥ã«å…`よりã€æ‰¿ã‚“ã§ã‚‚ã ªã„ï¼é«˜èƒœè‡ªåˆ†ã®4女椎動ã®å¾Œã‚ã«é£›ã‚ ˆã†ã«è¦‹ãˆã‚‹å¥‡å¦™ãªã€ã¯ã£ãã‚Šã—ãªã„ã ®å•é¡Œã¯äººã®ã„ãªã„ã¨ã“ã‚ã§ãƒªç©ºä¿®å£« ã‚‚é‡ã„一日ã€

HOOKED ON THE DETAILS
    Post Thanks / Like

WOWZER!

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice 3800 SC power plant! Good friend of mine was the 1st person mod these engines. Do you know Dave Buckshaw by chance. He used to own Digital Horse Power (DHP). `
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know Dave. I know a few people still tuning with DHP though. Im obviously a little late to the game with 3800 modding. Theres not many of us left.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice man. That`s a pretty damn clean Buick. What kinda power is it putting down?

`

And you should be able to make that thing launch and handle. Think coil overs and adjusting spring pressures to address the weight shift when the front lifts. We get a couple m5`s and`` larger 4 doors out at autox and they are nothing to scoff at.

`

In fact we got one`guy that does flipping amazing in a 4 door Honda civic, his trick as he explained to me is that he has 4 or 5 passengers for each run so the car has enough weight to stick to the ground through the turns. Quite a ride. Stiff ass coil overs too.

Thread Information