Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Autopia

looking for some advice here, my friend has just had some stone chips etc done on his F430 and has noticed some marks on the bonnet that weren`t there before.... see the video here.. you see how the reflection isn`t right, and has a strange spot?

http://sdrv.ms/1dEi6M0

the bodyshop are saying this is due to the bonnet being double skinned and it has a structure part below, hence this is causing the deformation. He has never noticed this mark before..

what`s everyone`s opinions? paint sink age? unlevel repair? Something is not right that`s for sure!

thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks buckled to me. It`s definitley not normal. Did it receive some body repair??
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Are the defects in the paint where the rock chips were? If they touched it up and then sanded and polished it out, they might have sanded too far down (which is very possible when you`re only trying to sand a very small area, like with one or two fingers) and didn`t apply enough paint to level it out. The reason I say this is because when I was in high school, I tried to sand a chip out of a fiberglass bumper before I repainted it myself without completely leveling the area around it, and it left an imperfection after it was painted like is shown in the video.

Thread Information