Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Had a lady friend who was a Pole, oops wrong way to go and she did not appreciate my ethic humor.

Start a poll, but don`t forget that there are more who come here to learn, get some ideas, find a way to learn, than wish to be shot down for asking a question that is simple for a few of us, but a new world for them.

Just provide them some simple direction and let them make their decisions from what they find by putting forth efforts on their own.

Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like
    They both stink. Factory or online such as mitchells.... But chitons is better then Haynes

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a paper back Haynes manual for my 2007 Camry and an online Haynes manual for a 2003 Toyota Tundra. It has been years since viewing the Chilton manuals. The Haynes manual will not match the $970 factory manuals for my 2007 Camry but there is a significant difference between $34 and $970. The Haynes manuals are adequate for what I need, so far. First of all you need to be an amateur mechanic at least. You need to have a good inventory of tools. The Haynes manual covers my drive axle replacement and timing belt replacement plus it goes beyond that. That is a lot. The detail is not as much as the manufacturer manuals but it also has tips and tricks the factory manuals do not have.

The paperback manuals are black and white. The online manuals are color but they print on you printer black and white. You can do a screen capture and crop the image in Adobe Photoshop and then print in color. The black and white is probably sufficient.

After looking extensively for a repair manual for my vehicles I am content with Haynes. This is in conjunction with many years of experience as an amateur car mechanic. I prefer the on-line version since I am well supplied with good printers and a nice laptop. The book is also OK.

If you are indecisive regarding Chilton and Haynes, get both. Compared to the price of factory manuals they are cheap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information