Post Thanks / Like
    The black trim around the my car windows are starting to fade / look bad. Any suggestions on how to fix or restore them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Kind of hard to tell from the picture from your Blackberry, can you take one with a real camera?

Post Thanks / Like
    What kind of material are they? Painted metal, thin plastic film wrap, or thicker plastic film?

For the thin plastic wrap I`d just use KAIO and then maybe something like DWG to hide any marring. IF it`s paint or thicker plastic I`d correct it with one of the products I suggested last time this came up; see if you can find that thread, I went into some detail about what to use on what.

Post Thanks / Like
    Regardless of what material that trim is made from, the easiest method to start it off:

1. Klasse AIO or....

2. Any cleaner waxes.

Leave the product on the surface for a minute (thin layer). Rub gently. Buff off.

If that doesn`t do it you can use a very small orange pad with Megs 83 (Dual Action Cleaner Polish).

This always work for me, cos 83 cleans very well, imparts a very clear gloss and helps hide a bit of swirls. On trims, that`s OK for a low-budget job.

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like its the same type of thing I recently ran into on my 4runner. My 4runner has plastic shiny trim on all four corners of the roof rack that started looking dull and oxidized. I just got a microfiber rag and some megs colorx and it cleaned them right up. Megs colorx is very underrated IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gigondaz
    Regardless of what material that trim is made from, the easiest method to start it off:

1. Klasse AIO or....

2. Any cleaner waxes.

Leave the product on the surface for a minute (thin layer). Rub gently. Buff off..

I`d be a little careful with cleaner-waxes as they can stain like nobody`s business if you use `em on the wrong type of black trim.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DRT
    It looks like its the same type of thing I recently ran into on my 4runner. My 4runner has plastic shiny trim on all four corners of the roof rack that started looking dull and oxidized. I just got a microfiber rag and some megs colorx and it cleaned them right up. Megs colorx is very underrated IMO.

I`ll give this a shot because its the cheapest and most available product to me. I`ll hopefully have it by the end of the week and I`ll post some pictures to show how it went hopefully!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    I`d be a little careful with cleaner-waxes as they can stain like nobody`s business if you use `em on the wrong type of black trim.

Agreed, use the wrong one and you`ll be buying new parts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    ....yeah. One thing I have learned over the years is that trim bits certainly do vary in their characteristics as well as the way they respond to various products. What works in one case may not work in the next and/or can spell disaster.

OP, I would locate that thread Accumulator mentioned and follow his suggestions. I always find his advice helpful but especially so when it comes to this subject.

Thread Information