Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DFWSRT8
    Look into Vredestein ultrac sessanta`s

they`re what im currently running and the performance of them, compared to michelins, BFG`s, nittos, and ESPECIALLY goodyears, is second to none!

Hydroplaning=nonexistent.

wet and dry traction is great, and they are SCARY quiet. =]

do yourself a favor and look into these. my next set of tires will be a set of these or some bfg g-force

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky
    Why did they not impress you? I have some expensive Michelins but wondering if other tires at a better value.

How fast they wore down, and their traction; I am referring to snow and wet though in Michigan. In the dry, they are fine. I found them a tad bit loud too.

I would be all over the vreds, but that is barring they make them in you size. Same with the BFG`s

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadfootluke
    How fast they wore down, and their traction; I am referring to snow and wet though in Michigan. In the dry, they are fine. I found them a tad bit loud too.

I would be all over the vreds, but that is barring they make them in you size. Same with the BFG`s

If you go to the big tire review site, the Goodyears get great reviews. My Michelins get poor reviews but I am just wondering how realistic the reviews are...it is sorta like rating durability of a lsp....everyone`s idea of beading is different.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky
    If you go to the big tire review site, the Goodyears get great reviews. My Michelins get poor reviews but I am just wondering how realistic the reviews are...it is sorta like rating durability of a lsp....everyone`s idea of beading is different.

You got it. I will be people have great experiences with tires that we have bad experiences with, and vice versus. Whatever fits your budget and overall has good reviews will generally work. What you can do is look at the Uniform Tire Quality Grade (UTQG) Rating for treadwear, traction, and temperature ratings. If those are satisfactory, then you might as well buy the tire barring you are comfortable with the design and if its purpose built for snow/wet/dry/etc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information