Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Need some help guys, I have a lowered car with rolled rear fender lips to clear aftermarket wheels. Well I`m going back to 100% stock and hopefully can get the lip "unrolled" to achieve stock look. It`s a very minor roll, it`s maybe bent up at a 45 degree angle. Is this even possible? Maybe by a PDR?

Post Thanks / Like
    a very thick/rigid putty knife behind it and pull the lip back down would be my first thought
    I do mobile detailing for friends and family. Might not be the absolute best, but I do it for free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Possible, sure....probably going to be wavey as crap though.

Getting the lip even and OEM smooth it probably going the be the hardest part.

I`d personally leave it unless you really HAD to have it unrolled.

But that`s just me. :hifive:

Post Thanks / Like
    uhhhh. im sorry but who the hell is going to notice and point out that your fenders were rolled? as long as they were rolled flat and not flared they look very oem. in fact most newer FWD cars have rolled fenders front and rear STOCK.

why waste your time trying to pull them back down and risk putting dimples in the fender? maybe you got them rolled with a baseball bat and it didnt come out good? if you used a proper fender roller i cant imagine the thought of trying to `unroll` them :nixweiss

anyway post pics so maybe ill understand better

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, It`s going to be difficult to return rolled fenders back to OEM Flawless condition. Best of luck to you though

Post Thanks / Like
    Just like you needed a heat gun to soften the paint when you did roll them, you are going to need the heatgun again to soften so it doesnt crack again.

Though I would imagine the paints plastic region(as in a material`s elastic and plastic regions regarding deformation) will have already been stretched so the paint may have slack and MIGHT get a little wavy.

Good luck, I would work very slowly working the entire lip a little, then going back and advancing it etc.

Hope that helps some

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you have a ROLLED fender lip or a PULLED fender?

In either case, it`s irreversible. With the pulled fender the metal has been stretched very significantly. If you just want to unroll a rolled lip, then it`s quite easy. But if it just a rolled lip, nobody`s going to notice it anyway whether it`s rolled or not.

pulled fender:

rolled lip:

Post Thanks / Like
    It does not looked rolled.. I haven`t noticed it in the picture. Your fenders look like stock just the way you want it. Unlike mine.. my fender flares look terrible.

Post Thanks / Like
    It does not looked rolled.. I haven`t noticed it in the picture. Your fenders look like stock just the way you want it. Unlike mine.. my fender look terrible. I will take it to the car shop next week.

Post Thanks / Like
    In the body repair, specifically on the fenders of it, it would be better if you would still have a good car maintenance guide or tips in order to really make things work out on that one. If not, try to search thru other options so that you can improve your vehicle and it would have been great to it`s exterior look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Id say just keep em like they are man.

Post Thanks / Like
    I still don`t get this lowered thing....then again - I`m way over 19.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t try it. I speak from experience!
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn`t do it. Way too much chance of cracking the paint, and then it turns into a disaster.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    I wouldn`t do it. Way too much chance of cracking the paint, and then it turns into a disaster.
    Yes. I saw someone roll a fender lip without heat to soften the paint, and the paint cracked. If the fender lip has been rolled, then the metal is stretched. That means that when you try to bend it back to stock, the inside fender lip will probably look wrinkled when you try to bend it back. Then you will have to shrink the metal. That is a heck of a lot of labor. Might as well buy new fenders instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information