Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    :welcome

I am looking for input on spray on bed liners, Qwikliner vs Line-X vs rhino in particular. I have seen them before in other people`s trucks. I want to hear from people who have had personal experiences with them. Which one is better and why, cost, etc...

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

:heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I haven`t had any experience with Qwikliner, but both the Rhino and Line-X liners are good.

I am a heavy equipment operator for a small Milwaukee suburb and have had liners sprayed in some road construction trucks. These trucks have seen hot summers, cold winters, salt, snow, concrete, cold patch, metal barricades etc. We have had spray-ins from Ziebart, LineX and Rhino

The Ziebart liner we have in a truck was crap. It peeled badly, and is currently looking like utter s!@# in the bed. It wasn`t a Rhino, but their "house brand" Z-liner. I believe the prep was also to blame.. they probably just did a quick scuff and shoot.

The Rhino Liner is very good and is a hard rubbery material. Our 2 trucks with it have been holding up very well. There is some minor chipping, but these trucks see some serious abuse. The only thing I don`t like about the Rhino, is that sharper objects can cut into the rubbery coating to start a chip. We use barricade flashers alot in our trucks and the angle iron legs can dig into the liner.

The Line-X is my favorite. It is a hard plastic like material. It has favored the best in the trucks that I have seen (although I believe it costs the most). Unlike the Rhino, you can`t dig your fingernail into the Line-X. The only thing I don`t like about the Line-X is that the bed can be more slippery than the Rhino when wet. This can be a problem depending on what the truck is used for.. We have a truck that holds a 200gal tank for tree/plant watering and the bed/tailgate is slick when its a little wet. Just a slight disadvantage, but IMO the Line-X durability is the best.

As far as cost, they all should be pretty comparable, but don`t let the cost be too much of a deal breaker since it`s permanent. I would spend the money and do it right the first time instead of being stuck with a liner you don`t like, just because you saved a few bucks. Hope this helps, our Line-X location has been in business for years and the main guy has done thousands of liners, don`t be afraid to talk with the guys and pick their brains. Stop in and see what kinda work they put out.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rhino is Junk in my opinion, chalky feeling and they look ratty in a month. LineX is real Good, that is what I currently have, but fmj (Full Metal Jacket of San Diego) is just as good and usually cheaper. I had FMJ before, seams very similar to Linex. The reason i didn`t get it a second time is because I got a combo deal with shell that gave me linex at same price. Go over rails too, it is worth it. The only benefit rhino has is because it is graby it holds loads better, however that is what tie downs are for anyway. The grabbyness of Rhino is also why it looks so ratty. it wears fast, and gets funky white and like the man said it chips. FMJ or Linix looks new even after years of abuse, and you couldn`t chip it if you tried. . My friend got Rhino and every time he sees my truck he is way envious. Because the FMJ guys are usually independent, not only will they give you deals but they will also spray it on thick, this is a huge advantage because it protects not only from elements and laod, but also possible denting. Linex and FMJ are thicker then rhino too. Rhino was cool when it first came out because ot was the only product of it`s kind, but as with everything else new technology has made the old stuff obsolete imo.

Rhino will look like this=

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill011
    :welcome

I am looking for input on spray on bed liners, Qwikliner vs Line-X vs rhino in particular. I have seen them before in other people`s trucks. I want to hear from people who have had personal experiences with them. Which one is better and why, cost, etc...

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

:heelclick

I`ve abused my Line-X about as much as possible over 5 years. Cleaned it up as part of the pre-winter detail and it still looks new. I`d buy it again and recommend it.

TL

Post Thanks / Like
    +1 for Line-X
    JohnHenry

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought my truck and immediately had a QWIK Liner put in. Well, that lining paid for itself after just one trip.

After work I set my toolbox at the edge of the bed and drove home - several miles of twists, turns, bumps and hills. When I went to unload, I saw I`d left the tailgate down. I was sure my tools were gone. Instead, they were right where I left them - as if they were glued down. I`ve bragged how tough and good looking my QWIK Liner is. But now, I have a better story to tell

:goodjob

Post Thanks / Like
    My Dad had Rhino in his 1997 F150. He worked the you know what out of the truck, and when he sold it in 2004 the liner has a couple cuts and dings. We dropped in concrete and massive rocks- anything you could imagine.

It was really faded, though. He bought a bottle of Rhino Liner brand treatment that was like a paint. I brushed it on, and it look BRAND NEW. No idea how it holds up though, since we sold the truck.

My 2005 F150 had LineX and after 2 years it had lost its original luster and amazing shine. I tried a few sprays and never quite got it like day 1 again, but it stayed darker and looked pretty darn good. Better than the Rhino.

To be fair, though, my truck was a show truck and the worst the bed ever saw was furniture.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well for all the linings I`ve seen over the years and without knowing anything about when they were installed or abused, i would pick Line-X. They all looked good and others not so much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Both Line-x and qwikliner are good, I have tried both. If u have budget then go for line-x otherwise qwikliner

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t have an opinion between the brands mentioned, but will add a recent experience. As I was filling up at a gas station, I noticed across the service island a very clean looking F-150 King Ranch. It had a couple of subtle upgrades like a billet grill, but the thing that caught my eye was his bedliner. It was a Line-X, but unlike any I had seen before (which have all been black). I walked over and complimented the owner (turned out to be 20-something male) on how "clean" (read not overly tricked out) his truck was and asked about the liner. It was color-matched to the paint trim. It added a real classy look to the trucks overall appearance.

Post Thanks / Like
    My sons SS has a Line-X.
    2003 black Silverado SS - SOLD

Post Thanks / Like
    Qwikliner Mobile Spray on Bed Liner

The QWIK Liner is the lightest spray-on hybrid polyurea system available, making it ideal for mobile applications where other machines can not deliver. The QWIK Liner system is completely air driven.

Thats why I love qwikliner.

User banned for shilling. -- moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Johny, 3 posts and all of them are about quickliner.:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm. Only three posts, and all regarding Qwikliner. Do I detect a hint of canned pork products here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm. Do I detect the smell of canned pork products?

Tort

(shill-hatin` moderator)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information