Post Thanks / Like
    so i have a 2003 grand cherokee and the problem is that theres only about 2-3 inch lift i want somehting bigger , got any places or website??:spot

Post Thanks / Like
    Summitracing.com

Im not too familiar with Jeeps, but im pretty sure Rubicon Express is one of the better names.
    - George

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey brand new here, but not to Jeeps. I have a `97 Wrangler with a 4" lift and Mickey Thompson wheels and tires. I went from not caring if you scratched the paint on a tree to wanting to fix it.

For a lift for your truck I would check out Quadratec.com, RustyOffroad.com, 4Wheelparts.com, and Northridge4x4.com. You can definitely find a new lift for your truck from one of those websites.

Also check out JeepForum.com and do a bit of research to figure out what would suit you the best.

Hobbyist Detailer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also be aware that lifting a truck (of any make) causes a waterfall effect. It changes the geometry of the steering, the ride will change, driveline angles change, fuel mileage will decrease quite a bit, braking becomes more challenging, etc. Fixing all that is doable, but VERY expensive in most cases. So just be prepared. I`d estimate fixing all the issues will be 3-5 times more expensive than getting the lift itself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SCoach
    Also be aware that lifting a truck (of any make) causes a waterfall effect. It changes the geometry of the steering, the ride will change, driveline angles change, fuel mileage will decrease quite a bit, braking becomes more challenging, etc. Fixing all that is doable, but VERY expensive in most cases. So just be prepared. I`d estimate fixing all the issues will be 3-5 times more expensive than getting the lift itself.

Very very very true. My lift kit by itself cost $700.00 end all it turned out to be just a hair under $3000.00 very expensive hobby, but completely worth it in my opinion.

Hobbyist Detailer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Although I don`t drive my lifted SUV much anymore (5" spring lift), I enjoyed it a lot for a long time. I`ll put it back into limited use this fall, but just wanted the OP to be aware that lifting a truck isn`t just a quick buy of a kit and you`re done. At the very least, on a spring lift, you`ll probably have to adjust front driveshaft and steering angles. On a big lift, there`s a lot more to consider. On a body lift, there`s shifter lengths, and all kinds of fun to deal with. But the geometry of the driveline and steering don`t change, so that`s an advantage.

Really does depend on why the lift is desired.

Thread Information