Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    I totally agree. :xyxthumbs

I agree with the statements as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t really care for partial cover bra`s but have seen a couple that were really well done. Full front coverage done right isn`t even noticeable.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    When getting the clear bra installed, does the paint have to be clean (No sealant/wax) or can I polish and seal the paint then have the clear bra installed? I am assuming no sealant or wax prior to install but want to confirm. thanks

venturesheild looks pretty good on their site.
    2007 MB S550, AMG package, Pano

Post Thanks / Like
    I would just polish and do ISO wipedown. The film will have a degree of OP to it regardless, so it may hide whatever defects that still. Straight clean polish, ISO wipedown, bare paint (no sealant, etc).

What`s even better IMO is having a clearbra film installer that understands *paint* and would get that you want the paint as flawless as possible...

IMO, the CP industry, similar to a *tinter*, is that these guys are artists and you just need to find the right one that fits your budget and needs..

Post Thanks / Like
    thx for the quick reply chefwong,, I noticed youre from the nyc area too. The roads are horrible indeed, i dont think people in other states can understand how bad they are here with the 1000000 potholes.

on the venturesheild website they have a list of some authorized dealers in ny/nj area. I have alot of research to do regarding brand/installers but I want the protection it provides. and i also have to polish the paint
    2007 MB S550, AMG package, Pano

Post Thanks / Like
    If you had to choose one on that list, I would go with Tintmax. He has been around for awhile in the *tint* world, and I would have no qualms recommeding him for tint services.

HOWEVER, if you were to ask me for a PPF installer in NYC or just Northeast in general, hands down, I would point you to Matt and Eddies shop over at Detailing Dynamics.

Web hosting, domain name registration and web services by 1&1 Internet.

However, they are a all 3M shop if I recall....

Post Thanks / Like
    Detailing Dynamics does a great job when it comes to film on the finish!

I`ve always had film on my cars and very happy that I did, seeing the condition of the film lately. It saved me from a bad scuff from a Subaru mudflap that got kicked-up on I-95 and bounced off the hood on the Porsche. Lucky for me it hit the film and not further up.

Also, it saved my heatlights from sand damage as well.

If you feel it looks bad, have it removed and replaced with a fresh one, no big deal, or leave it off if you choose. It`s your car, and your choice.

I`ve seen full wrapped cars and they look not too bad, but not the great, still, if you have something you value, then by all means, film part of it.

Yes, the finish should be polished as best as can be with no wax or sealant as the installer will wipe it down anyway prior to install.

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m getting a new tinted film put on my Z06 next week. Supposedly the darker colored tint looks much better on dark cars. The installer has used 3M, Ventureshield, and a new Xpel film. He says this new Xpel film is the best he has ever used.

I only put 20K in 3yrs on my last car black evo and it was salt and peppered to no end. I would die if my black Z06 looked the same!!! I can handle the seam and the slight loss in reflection for a salt and pepper free front end.

Now I`ll be able to actually drive the car without fear and maybe even go on a road trip with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Could someone recommend a clear bra installer in the NY/NJ region? I just got my Bimmer ~3 months ago and am already starting to see minor chips thanks to our not so lovely road.

An installer in the MD/DC area would also be reasonable since I do travel thee a lot also.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guyz.

Post Thanks / Like
    After having it on my car for 3 years mine still looks good and has done a wondeful job of protecting my pain. However, it bothers me every single time I look at my car. IMO, it all depends on how much and what kind of driving you are going to be doing. If I was not going to do too much interstate driving or driving around a lot in the rain there is no way I would put it on again. I have been saved several times from debris but I also have a couple of really bad places that you would never use the film. It kind of sucks to have protection and then get hammered in weird places anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had my entire front wrapped - full hood, full fenders, bumper, headlights, foglights, and even partial side mirror protection on my new Black IS.

Since there are no seams, I really cannot tell that it is there. The paint looks perfect, no micro swirls like the rest of my car.

Honestly I love it. It is super easy to clean, I just run a duster on it, then spray it down with a quick detailer with MF.

Believe it or not, I am thinking about having the rest of my car professionally detailed, then having the film covering my entire vehicle!!! Is that crazy?

Post Thanks / Like
    you`re not crazy. It`s what works for you ;-)

Actually on the next car, (while I am planning this with nor protection in mind), I am planing blakkout with vinyl wrap.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information