Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody know of any good overlays or "clear bras" for my fog lights.?

I have a 2006 Civic Sedan and alot of people reported their fogs cracked easily. I want something that is quite heat resistant so the overlays dont burn from the heat when i`m at a standstill.

I dont want Lexan because i`ve seen pics on the subaru forums that they also burn. When they do burn, it`s much harder to replace than it is to replace overlays.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Man
    Anybody know of any good overlays or "clear bras" for my fog lights.?

I have a 2006 Civic Sedan and alot of people reported their fogs cracked easily. I want something that is quite heat resistant so the overlays dont burn from the heat when i`m at a standstill.

I dont want Lexan because i`ve seen pics on the subaru forums that they also burn. When they do burn, it`s much harder to replace than it is to replace overlays.

Thanks.

Hopefully, someone can help you, but usually the cracking is due to a badly designed foglight (yes, OEMs are usually really badly designed and are often for show instead of being true foglights). Much of the cracking/crazing comes from the hot plastic encountering a cool surface such as rain or fog. This results in inner layer expanding while the outer layer contracts (relative to the inner layer). This causes small cracks and crazes due to the difference in volume.

Post Thanks / Like
    BM, you can get bulk or pre-cut patterns at: Headlight Protection

They have some very thick materials....I have it on the headlights on one of my cars. It could take a very serious hit and come thru unscathed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies

I should have mentioned the fog lights are made of glass. I`ve read pn the civic forum that the OEM fogs and the ebay rip-off fogs break due to rocks hitting.

I`m also worried about the heat from the fog lights burning the film as ive seen pics of it happening to "Rock Blockers" and the other brand... i cant remember the name.

The pre-cut stuff from XPEL is freakin expensive. The bulk looks pretty good though. THanks

Post Thanks / Like
    all of my vehicles have 3M on them...including the head and fog lights. never an issue with heat. i only run my C6 and CTS fogs all the time though. since my CTS is a DD and now has 18 months with the film, no issues. my lights are covered with the same film as the paint (4mills). :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Boston Man, contact RickRack. He has a guy that does a great job!

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont need any help with applying it. My fogs are just a flat oval. If i need a bra for my car, i`ll contact him. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    How hot do H11 fogs get? The XPEL headlight films are rated to 300 F. I dont want them to burn. I`ve seen Lamin-X turn brown and smoke

Post Thanks / Like
    I have Lamin-x on my fiance`s civic sedan. I have the blue tint and one side burned pretty bad after a few months. They sent me free replacements i`m going to install when it warms up. Lamin-x said if they burn again they have sheets of hi temp in clear they will send me to try.

Post Thanks / Like
    X-pel is right up the road from me. The owner seems really nice and said he would install for free.
    I do mobile detailing for friends and family. Might not be the absolute best, but I do it for free.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have bug shields installed in my car. Would you recommend that I have a clear bra instead? What is the difference between the two?

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this is an old post, but I didn`t see opinion posted as often as it should be , Lamin-X is a good choice for this application.

Thread Information