Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone with a 5.4 F150 here have the Banks Monster Dual Exhaust? Do you think it`s worth the money? I personally think it`s one of the better sounding exhaust systems for these trucks, but that`s just me.
    "Dad I want to buy a car" "You want a car? "Yes Dad I do" "Go buy one"

Rest in peace Mom & Dad. I love you and miss you too much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its nice, but to much money for a catback.
    2002 GT Mustang 5speed

-sprayed,drag radials,powershifted every day

Post Thanks / Like
    Quality cat-backs cost some bucks. I`d rather put a nice cat-back on my truck and forget about it for about 10 years or so.

True duals are sweet too but for the same price more or less, I`d have to use aluminum, then I`d have change it out every 3-4 years. PITA

I don`t want to lose my low end torque and I just dont want anyone working on my truck

Post Thanks / Like
    go with an mbrp . nicer and less money

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AspenF150
    Anyone with a 5.4 F150 here have the Banks Monster Dual Exhaust? Do you think it`s worth the money? I personally think it`s one of the better sounding exhaust systems for these trucks, but that`s just me.

Banks is well respected for the diesel crowd, but not sure it is really worth the premium for a gasser.

Magnaflow has got to the most popular and respected brand for the F150 crowd- at least on F150online.com

I ran a full catback magnaflow on my 2005 5.4 and really liked it. It gave the truck a truly aggressive tone, but wasn`t over bearing like many other brands. Magnaflow also produces some of the best power gains out of all the brands as well. Dyno proven on the F150s.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve narrowed it down to where if I run Magnaflow, I`d rather go true duals. 14" DI/DO. I`ve listened to aaaaaaaaaloooooot of youtube vids to come to that decision.

Not real big on MBRP, no disrespect against them, just not fond of the sound they produce.

As far as cat-backs go, I really like the Banks kit just can`t stand those stupid u clamps they give you. I can always run down to Federated Auto and buy those band clamps.

The roush off road system is sweet too! Just doesn`t have that nice 3" pipe the Banks does.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did not like the sound of the Magnaflow DI/Do with built in x-pipe that they sell. Used it on a nitrous injected 5.4 f150 and it did not sound all that great. To me its hard to beat a custom dual setup with an H-pipe using MAC mufflers. Makes power, sounds good, and can be done fairly cheap.
    2002 GT Mustang 5speed

Post Thanks / Like
    Im sure you guys are discussing the later model 3v 5.4s but ill throw in my .02

I did a custom true dual setup on my 99 5.4L with a flowmaster super 44.

I`ve always hated the way flowmasters sounded on anything but a 5.0 stang, but i thought i give them another try.

IMO its okay, but not somthing that makes me excited to tell the world about it.

Its a bit muffled for my likings, however there isnt too much drone, which is usually the norm for flowmasters dubbed "drone masters" on other boards.

Duals are beginning to wear out their welcome as well. If I had it to do over, i`d do a big single exhaust.

Just for giggles heres a pic....i do like my tips, magnaflow....i think they`re 28x3. polished stainless of course.

Altered Image

Auto Detailing

Russ Abbott- Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like
    No I was talking about using the setup I described on a 99 5.4
    2002 GT Mustang 5speed

Post Thanks / Like
    Banks isn`t that well respected in the diesel crowd, they are well marketed to people that dont know better. They make quality hard parts exhaust, intakes, intercoolers but at way to high of a price, and their tuners are about worthless.

Anyhow, Its hard to recommend an exhaust to somebody else because there are so many variables and people have different opinions. I just went to youtube and typed 5.4 f-150 exhaust and got a ton of results. The new 3 valves sound way different than the 2v`s thats for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the same magnaflow too and love it, you can usually get a used one on ebay or cragislist. I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. Magnaflow 15905. Also some of the forum sponsors usually have a sale going on. Either way its a great exhaust system, sounds great, and very easy to install.

Thread Information