Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    I am using Phillips 85122+ bulbs with OEM BMW ballast. I believe the ballast are Hellas. I`m already thinking about buying another set of projectors from my friend soon. Haha Maybe some FX35-45`s or AFS RX330`s with E30 clear lenses. I`m leaning more towards the Rx330`s at this point because of sharpness/color/light output.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ej96hatch
    What model Element do you have? Do you have the regular version or the SC? The SC comes with halogen projectors I think. The SC should not be too hard to retro IMO.

This is it (with my girlfriend):

And yes, it comes with halogen projectors, but I want clear-lens HID projectors.
    I do mobile detailing for friends and family. Might not be the absolute best, but I do it for free.

Post Thanks / Like
    looks pretty bad

Post Thanks / Like
    ur girlfriend, noth the car lol

Post Thanks / Like
    ur girlfriend, not the car lol

Post Thanks / Like
    jk jk jk both look good

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OTG Vinyl
    This is it (with my girlfriend):

And yes, it comes with halogen projectors, but I want clear-lens HID projectors.

Are the lenses in the halogen projectors not clear? You could always just buy an H.I.D. kit that fits the bulb type and it should yield good results. There was a guy on honda-tech selling an element sc with an hid kit. Here is the link: Honda-Tech.com: Vehicles for sale: 2007 Honda Element SC TEIN HID . Let me know what you think.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome job. I have TL Bi-Xenon in my 97 civic.

Have any pictures of the cutoff against a wall? Did you do the color mod so you get more color at the cutoff?

Post Thanks / Like
    What`s the purpose of the color mod? I don`t quite understand its purpose.
    Devil Pad

Professional Automotive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Are the lenses in the halogen projectors not clear? You could always just buy an H.I.D. kit that fits the bulb type and it should yield good results. There was a guy on honda-tech selling an element sc with an hid kit. Here is the link: Honda-Tech.com: Vehicles for sale: 2007 Honda Element SC TEIN HID . Let me know what you think.

Scott

A lot of people have just put standard halogen-based HIDs in and say it`s "good enough", but I want to take the extra initiative and have a D2S based bulb, so I must swap bulb holders anyways. I might as well just pull the entire projector and put in an S2000 setup. And no, the stock lenses are purplish.

I do mobile detailing for friends and family. Might not be the absolute best, but I do it for free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stiffdogg06
    Awesome job. I have TL Bi-Xenon in my 97 civic.

Have any pictures of the cutoff against a wall? Did you do the color mod so you get more color at the cutoff?

That`s cool. I wanted bi-xenons but they seemed too big for my housing in order for me to do a good job. Do you have the stock projector lenses or did you do a clear lense swap? Pics of the cutoff are posted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Denzil
    What`s the purpose of the color mod? I don`t quite understand its purpose.

The color mod is just something to give you more color along the cutoff. You can usually use small washers. I was going to do the color mod but I decided not to because, the more you space the lense away from the cutoff shield/bulb the cutoff is not as sharp. Some projectors you can just simply swap out the frosted/fresnel lenses for clear lenses and make the cutoff have more color without sacrificing a sharp cutoff for more color.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OTG Vinyl
    A lot of people have just put standard halogen-based HIDs in and say it`s "good enough", but I want to take the extra initiative and have a D2S based bulb, so I must swap bulb holders anyways. I might as well just pull the entire projector and put in an S2000 setup. And no, the stock lenses are purplish.

Looks like you know what you want. Start doing some research and read up on what kind of projectors you want. Clear lense S2000`s projectors alone are gonna run you between $290-$350. Then add in the cost of bulbs,ballasts, and wiring harness. Look into some "AFS RX330" projectors then look for either E30 or Valeo clear lenses to swap in place of the stock frosted,fresnel ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like you know what you want. Start doing some research and read up on what kind of projectors you want. Clear lense S2000`s projectors alone are gonna run you between $290-$350. Then add in the cost of bulbs,ballasts, and wiring harness. Look into some "AFS RX330" projectors then look for either E30 or Valeo clear lenses to swap in place of the stock frosted,fresnel ones.

I was going to do the RX330`s in my Mustang project, but that got aborted. I`d love to keep stock Honda parts as best I can, so the extra money for S2000s will be worth it in my mind. :xyxthumbs

Just hope I can come across some spare change for this setup!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Denzil
    It looks like a really clean retrofit! I was actually thinking of getting this done for my DC, hehe.

Here is a godd link in regards to a retrofit on an Integra:

1998 Acura Integra Type R OEM HID Retrofit

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information