Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it`s just about time for new tires for the Tahoe, and I want to get it done before any real weather starts. I`m really debating between the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo and the Nitto Terra Grappler, both in a 265/70/17. Does anyone have experience with either - particularly concerning snow/ice traction and mileage?

Post Thanks / Like
    ZaneO.. Have you looked on Tire Rack? They have some good reviews sometimes and feedback from buyers....

Hmmm just noticed they don`t have Nitto`s.... But the Bridgestone rated pretty high....

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, TireRack is what lead me to the Bridgestones, and they seem to get good praise from other sources as well. The Nittos also get a strong following and are a bit cheaper. It`s kind of a toss up at this point...probably won`t go wrong with either.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Revo Duelers are real popular around here on the 4x4 trucks. I put on some Firestone Wilderness LE`s on our Z71 and really like them. It wasn`t my first choice, but it was late on Memorial Weekend and I needed to replace a sidewall gash and an unrepairable cut in the tread of another.

Good luck,

Randy

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 2004 Tahoe Z71. I put Yokohama Geolander IIs on it about 18 months ago. I haven`t been that happy with them. They have worn unevenly despite frequent rotations and they weren`t that good in snow and ice. They were pricey too. I bought them because of good reviews at Tire Rack at the time. YMMV always applies I guess.

Not that any of that really helps you with your decision, but thought I would share.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, after a little more research and talking with a friend at Discount, it looks like I`ll be going with the Michelin LTX A/T2. I appreciate the feedback.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you haven`t bought the tires yet I`d HIGHLY recomend Firestone Destination A/Ts. They are a dead ringer for the Revo, and cost 20-25% less in comparable sizes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaneO
    Well, after a little more research and talking with a friend at Discount, it looks like I`ll be going with the Michelin LTX A/T2. I appreciate the feedback.

IMO... absolutely the best light truck tires available. Good luck.
    JohnHenry

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the geolander on 2 wheel dr sequoia. The car needs an alignment every other month. Treadwear is pretty good though. The ride is noisy and handling mediocre at best. The original bridgestones they come in were pretty good but treadwear is raed low. Blew mine driving 95 mph

Thread Information