Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys,

So I had some damage repaired on my car about a month ago and my paint clearly does not match. From what I`ve read on other forums, my paint (Obsidian Black Pearl by Subaru) is one of the harder paint colors to match. So my dilemma is that my newer paint has a noticeable green tint to it, which I would guess is from a higher concentration of the paint`s pearl flecks. So my question is does anyone know if this is normal (my paint is only about 25 days old), or did the shop not do that good of a job?

Thanks,

-Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by at24
    ..So I had some damage repaired on my car about a month ago and my paint clearly does not match. From what I`ve read on other forums, my paint (Obsidian Black Pearl by Subaru) is one of the harder paint colors to match. So my dilemma is that my newer paint has a noticeable green tint to it...

Welcome to Autopia!

Sorry to hear about your Subie.

Sounds like the shop messed up. While it *is* very hard to match pearls, when you get a green/blue/etc. difference it says "bad paint match job" to me (and it also says bad quality control because if *you* see it, they did too but they thought they could get away with it).

I`ve run into this countless times with silver...e.g., Mazda silver from a lot of paint manufacturers has the wrong degree of blue to it. Unfortunately, between different paint manufacturers, paints with the same code are still *different*. You can pick four different paint manufacturers and you`ll get four different-looking paints that oughta all look identical.

A good shop will know which brand to start with, and will then tweak that to ensure a good match.

I`d either see if the shop can make it right (may be siply beyond their abilities) or find a shop that`ll say "yep, they messed it up by...[good explanation]...we can redo that properly".

Post Thanks / Like
    ^Good info^

Some specific colors are just very difficult to get a blendable match. Sometimes,

a color will match better in another brand...

Where is the damage? What did they paint? What paint system did they use?

Can you post pics?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a classic example of the shop not blending adjacent panels correctly. What ended up getting repaired?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Thread Information