Post Thanks / Like
    So long story short wifes car needs new brakes and after ordering some for her 97 acura 2.2cl I found out the the car was in a front end crash and has had the drivers side replaced with 98 style rotors, and the passanger still has 97 style. Tirerack worked with me and sent me new cryo rotors for the 98 style (both sides as I thought both were this way) and I did the brakes on the drivers side just fine just to find out that the passanger side is still the 97 rotors. I still have both sets of rotors (98/97 styles) SO my question is:

Do you think it would be fine to use a cryo rotor on the drivers side and a none cryo on the passanger side, they are both powerslots with hawk HPS pads. it is a daily driver, to from work mostly, and she drives it like grandma would, any inputs would be great.

Thanks
    Canfield

03 Mini Cooper S- 900 Pure Silver

97 BMW ///M3 309 Arctic Silver Metallic

93 Mazda Rx-7 R1- J9 Competition Yellow Mica

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not understanding the problem here? was the hub replaced or were different rotors used after the crash? Does the different rotor from one side fit fine onto the other side? Unless the hub/bolts have been altered, I would buy matching rotors for both sides... basically what I`m trying to say is if the bolts are the same size and amount as the other side and if everything else under the rotor is the same, it doesn`t matter than there was a different rotor there before, since any stock one should fit... hope this helps..
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    The drivers side was repalaced with the 98 style rotors (right) and the replacements 97 model (left) I got another shipment from tirerack with the 98 style (not pictured)

Canfield

03 Mini Cooper S- 900 Pure Silver

97 BMW ///M3 309 Arctic Silver Metallic

93 Mazda Rx-7 R1- J9 Competition Yellow Mica

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems like the hub is the same with 4 bolts.. were the calipers changed at all or no? I say order matching rotors, whether they`re 98 or 97, and you`ll be better off than getting different rotors, since you`ll get different feel on both sides of the car... no your wife probably wouldn`t notice this, but different rotors will wear out pads differently and wear differently themselves as well, so over time there will be a difference in braking for sure....

In short, get everything matching. Oh and I`ve been ordering everything from autohausaz.com for the past 4 years... it seems like they have everything in stock for pretty much every car and it`s all OEM or better quality.
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Thread Information