Post Thanks / Like
    Did a search with no results, so I thought I`d ask if any Mini owners had replaced their windshields? I contacted Mini of SF and they quoted $750 to $950! Which (to me) seemed ludicrous. I called a couple aftermarket places and they quoted $200-$400, but not OEM glass. Has anyone experienced this?

BTW.....it can`t be repaired, needs replacement thanks to a gravel truck changing lanes in front of me.

Thanks for any input.
    I Don`t Know Karate.....But I Know KRAAZZY!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Any Mini owners out there with this problem?
    I Don`t Know Karate.....But I Know KRAAZZY!!

Post Thanks / Like
    in FL we replaced windshields daily at BMW bc of rocks from the road, it was coved 100% by insurance and did not affect your rates or anything. PM me my friend I worked with in FL is now in SF.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Saleenman607
    Did a search with no results, so I thought I`d ask if any Mini owners had replaced their windshields? I contacted Mini of SF and they quoted $750 to $950! Which (to me) seemed ludicrous. I called a couple aftermarket places and they quoted $200-$400, but not OEM glass. Has anyone experienced this?

BTW.....it can`t be repaired, needs replacement thanks to a gravel truck changing lanes in front of me.

Thanks for any input.

I also have a MCS, I too have a rock chip in my windshild that requiers a new replacement my story is that I was passing a semi, cause everytime I`m behind one I mange to get a new rock chip without fail wish i was kidding but I`m not, so I went to pass this one and as I got to the part where the trailer hooks up it threw the mother of all rocks and nailed me if it were to have gone threw my window it would have killed, it was huge I wanted to brake check the semi and :bat my hand reached for my glock a few times but I decided that wouldnt do anything.. My Mini has had the windshild replaced before at the previous owners expense and yes they are about $500 I also have the rain sensor that is what drives the price up for me. I would check with your insuranse to see with they have JUST glass covrage for you. if not welcome to my world of having to fork out $500 to get a new windshild, so far the mini is killing my wallet, f-ing bmw...
    Canfield

03 Mini Cooper S- 900 Pure Silver

97 BMW ///M3 309 Arctic Silver Metallic

93 Mazda Rx-7 R1- J9 Competition Yellow Mica

Thread Information