Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys,

I rarely post here, but I love this site. Been a while since I came here. I am working on my car project, and well, I am going to repaint the car... and I decided to go black.

Now black is not just black, there are so many different black paints.

What I really like and surely you all like, is something deep, mirror like, wet, watery, reflective, non metallic...

I saw a detailed cadillac xlr and loved how the black looked... I am sold.

I`ll be putting some new front and rear bumper, wider front fenders, wide body rear as well as some nice fat rubber, new wheels, will be flush, will be much lower, itll actually be a 60% serious track car... stitch welded, foamed, caged, but i want it looking kick *** on the outside as it`ll also be my summer ride

What suggestions do you guys have to achieve this look... I don`t want orange peel, I want depth, wetness.

If I go to a paintshop, what to tell them, what color to use, what clearcoat to use, how much or what, what brand, or what car`s paint to use (bmw, cadillac, honda, whatever)

Let me know All suggestions very welcome this will help me quite a bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    No body

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d go for gloss black single stage paint with extra coats applied with wetsanding in mind.

It all comes down to good prepwork with what you want, bad prepwork before shooting paint= poor looks.

Try to find a bodyshop that knows what they are doing and care about the results.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info.

I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to paints and such.

Single stage, two stage, three stage

How many coats?

PGG? Glasurit? dupont?

All these things are foreign to me lol... I have SOME VERY basic understanding...

I am actually pondering on black or red to be honest...

I was trying to google some info on this and there`s alot of skeptics and woe sayers about single stage vs two stage and so on...

I know you guys on here know what you are talking about however haha...

I mean look at the shape of the car (this is my actual car that i am going to strip naked, get a shop to grind down to bare chassis metal, stitch weld, etc... I`ll be fitting 17" 255/40/17 all around at first and ultimately 285/30/18 front and 315/30/18 rear when I put the v8 in it...

The basic shape of the car is as such:

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info.

I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to paints and such.

Single stage, two stage, three stage

How many coats?

PGG? Glasurit? dupont?

All these things are foreign to me lol... I have SOME VERY basic understanding...

I am actually pondering on black or red to be honest...

I was trying to google some info on this and there`s alot of skeptics and woe sayers about single stage vs two stage and so on...

I know you guys on here know what you are talking about however haha...

I mean look at the shape of the car (this is my actual car that i am going to strip naked, get a shop to grind down to bare chassis metal, stitch weld, etc... I`ll be fitting 17" 255/40/17 all around at first and ultimately 285/30/18 front and 315/30/18 rear when I put the v8 in it...

I want to fit different skirts, different front and rear bumper. Wide front fenders and wide rear body...

I am trying to post pictures of the basic car shape (my actual 240sx... with its currently orange peeled poopy silver body and paint) but its telling me that it must be moderator approved.. what the heck :-/

Thread Information