Post Thanks / Like
    ok i`ll tell the story of what happened 1st, then get yalls feedback. I live out in the country on a small road that runs gravel trucks all the time, (the road has trees on either side) and i was going down the road approaching a gravel truck that was on a little more than his side. So i got over more than i should have to avoid a collision with this truck. However, my right sideview mirror collided w/ a rather sturdy branch, popping my entire mirror off as well as taking down the branch. No one was hurt, i`m fine, my truck is fine, except for, of course the mirror. I drive a 2003 ford F150, the mirrors weren`t power adjusting so no wires were taken. I found the mirror in the ditch, amazingly nothing is wrong the mirror(i`m thinking because i was only going about 25mph), its just a matter of putting it back on, which is where yall come in.

The mirror is held up by screws, facing outward, i need to know how to remove the door panel on the inside so that i`m able to tighten the screws back on. any direction would be greatly appreciated.

I`m 16 and have been driving for about 6months, this is the closest thing i`ve come to a wreck and it really shook me up. This truck is pretty much my life so any help.

Thank you

Garrett
    Acupuncture...a jab well done

Post Thanks / Like
    If the mirror got ripped off then the screw holes most likely got stripped, so you might want to take a closer look at the threads since the screws might not tighten up securely.

I can`t help you with the door panel but there should be some F150 forums where they could answer that.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    There should be a little triangular plastic cover up there to cover the back of where the mirror bolts on. And I guarantee theres no way that mirror is just gonna bolt right back on, something had to break. So look at it closer and see if you can rig it up to work without having to buy a new one.

Thread Information