Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    haven`t had a problem with the 3m tape. Other brands of blue tape, yes, issues.

Regardless, the car needs a polish, and i`ve been planning to do it for weeks, just that it didn`t make sense since i was doing all this work to the car and you inevitably end up getting your greasy hands somewhere they shouldn`t be.

Post Thanks / Like
    victory- OK, glad to hear you`re using the 3M stuff :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Everything is done!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job victory..... I think it looks great :xyxthumbs.

The fascias and pipes (tips) really add to the rear of the car. You did your research well and the finished results show it.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, that`s great! Good job, victory :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    looks good. a guy up here did that last fall to his GS. HOT HOT HOT.

on a side similar note another guy did 3" exhaust to a huge muffler and a single one of those tips. and well by the time he returned that tip was coming off. at 1/2 throttle or more it sounded like a train whistle. too funny, but it had to go he said. he wanted to keep the single exhaust.

the guy that did the dual setup had issues over the winter with the inserts falling of once it got cold. and let me tell you it gets cold up here.

my only concern is will that exhaust be enough to support the pulley you bought? i know you got the other parts of it covered. would suck is all to go through all that with the GTP exhaust and it not be enough flow.

definitely sexy with those tips and duals on a GS though.

Monty
    2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 40th Anniversary Coupe

It`s Dark Cherry Metallic and NOT Purple, Plum, Maroon or whatever other color comes to mind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wondering the same thing here is the stock exhaust off another car the way to go? seems weird to me when you could of just got off brand mufflers and piping made for it at a local shop. Good to see someone with a DIY attitude aswell. I hate seeing people now days who cant do anythings themselves. Cutting and paint work looks great by the way.
    2002 GT Mustang 5speed

-sprayed,drag radials,powershifted every day

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spike_africa
    Wondering the same thing here is the stock exhaust off another car the way to go? seems weird to me when you could of just got off brand mufflers and piping made for it at a local shop. Good to see someone with a DIY attitude aswell. I hate seeing people now days who cant do anythings themselves. Cutting and paint work looks great by the way.

The major restriction with the stock GS catback is the single muffler, not the piping. A stock GTP exhaust will handle 300whp and i won`t be anywhere near that even after the pulley swap. Most guys don`t touch the catback aside from removing/replacing the resonator until they are pushing a lot more power...unless they just want to make a lot of noise.

All aftermarket exhaust systems sound like @ss on a 3800. Many people have clearance issues with a single 3" exhaust and it sounds like @ss. The only way to get close to what i paid for duals with similar performance would be a larger single aluminized pipe to an aftermarket muffler, which would rust and sound like @ss.

musthavemuzk, my tips are welded, not clamped. My bumper inserts will not fall off in cold weather. Many guys use double sided tape which is why their inserts fall off as the hot/cold wet/dry cycle degrades the tape and adhesive. I used PL polyurethane construction adhesive. If you are not familiar with this product, let me tell you, my bumper will come off before my inserts do.

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks great, I like how it looks factory but still performance oriented. Perfect choice on the tips too, but I just like em cause I have the corsa ones that look the same

Post Thanks / Like
    why would anyone think dbl sided tape would hold on those inserts?

he used 3m epoxy on his and it still failed. i never asked him what he used to put them back on though.

i am pretty familiar with liquid adhesives. used them on sub boxes for years.

Monty

It`s Dark Cherry Metallic and NOT Purple, Plum, Maroon or whatever other color comes to mind.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you do this just be sure that you do not cut too much off, always take less than you need than you can go back and take more off, you can never undo something you cut off. Use a Sawzall and just take it slow. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyron2008
    If you do this just be sure that you do not cut too much off, always take less than you need than you can go back and take more off, you can never undo something you cut off. Use a Sawzall and just take it slow. Good luck!

definitely. I used a template on the bumper made for these inserts. Also, the lip on the inserts is huge enough to cover pretty significant ****ups.

Quote Originally Posted by musthavemuzk
    why would anyone think dbl sided tape would hold on those inserts?

he used 3m epoxy on his and it still failed. i never asked him what he used to put them back on though.

i am pretty familiar with liquid adhesives. used them on sub boxes for years.

Monty

Well, the adhesive passed the test since some ******* who can`t operate his vehicle properly (or apparently operate a pen to leave a note) gouged out my bumper and it`s gonna need a respray. :angry

People who can`t parallel park without smacking the **** out of the cars around them should be shot and their corpses used to protect my bumper from dings while parked.

Post Thanks / Like
    victory- Sheesh, sorry to hear about the idiot hitting it Pretty pathetic that they didn`t even leave a note or anything. But yeah, that adhesive has certainly been tested tough!

Post Thanks / Like
    well that just sux.

and ya know......there are alot of ppl like that person.

i am constantly asked as well as made fun of because i park as far away from other cars as i can when i am at work as well as when i am out shopping.

ppl do not know how to open their doors without smacking cars next to them.

GRRRRRRR

Monty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by musthavemuzk
    well that just sux.

and ya know......there are alot of ppl like that person.

i am constantly asked as well as made fun of because i park as far away from other cars as i can when i am at work as well as when i am out shopping.

ppl do not know how to open their doors without smacking cars next to them.

GRRRRRRR

Monty

Yeah, when i have an option of a parking lot, i do that. Park at the end of a row or way in the back, the problem is, Philadelphia isn`t quite as open as Minnesota. It`s all parallel parking on the street. If it seems like most people can`t open their doors without hitting another car, how well do you think they can parallel park without tapping bumpers?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information