Post Thanks / Like
    I`m trying to find a place that will do some body work on my project car. I`m well aware it will exceed the value of the car, I don`t care. There are pictures below and I`m pretty sure what need to be done and most of them are quoting anywhere between $2,500 and $3,500 to fix. I know that it would need a new quarter panel welded in, rocker and all, as well as the rocker extension under the door. I would just get another door rather than reskin the one that`s on there and they could put it on and get all the gaps right. Keep in mind that these quotes are sans paint, just body work. I think they are trying to charge me a dink fee since they don`t want to work on it. Any idea if what it might cost, or are they about right? Also, anyone know of any good shops in or close to Utah?

Clint

1989 Chrysler LeBaron GTC Turbo II - Full On Project Car

1991 Dodge Stealth R/T TT - Restoration Phase

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d be lookin for a buddy that can help you out. Most bodyshops would charge a lot because it`s not a quick job...now had it been an insurance claim...they`d probably do it. I`m not much for quoting jobs yet..but it seems pretty ballpark. Maybe a little high since there`s no painting taking place. I can`t see any shops going under 2.

Post Thanks / Like
    With the amount of time and parts cost those prices sound just about in line with what it should be. However it must be worth it to you to pay that amount of money though. Hows the other side/rest of the vehicle look. Rust in other areas? Might be bette off doing as Invigor said "find a buddy and you will learn a lot and come out cheaper as well be able to say that you did that work yourself.
    BGB Mobile Detailing Service -ASE & I-Car certified Refinishing Technician as of 8/12/08

78 Monte -01 Monte LSX -04 KB Cobra(SOLD) -10 2SS Camaro

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monte78Carlo2k1
    With the amount of time and parts cost those prices sound just about in line with what it should be. However it must be worth it to you to pay that amount of money though. Hows the other side/rest of the vehicle look. Rust in other areas? Might be bette off doing as Invigor said "find a buddy and you will learn a lot and come out cheaper as well be able to say that you did that work yourself.

The funny thing is the other side is almost pristine.

I don`t mind paying a lot because I know what`s involved and how time consuming it is. I was guessing between $1,700 and $2,000. I was just getting apprehensive since the body shops I`ve talked to so far seem to be annoyed I`m even asking.

Insurance isn`t an issue since I bought the car that way knowing is was going to be expensive. I`m almost thinking of buying another coupe, something with a TBI engine or blown HG, and just cutting the panel off myself or finding something at the junk yard.
    Clint

1989 Chrysler LeBaron GTC Turbo II - Full On Project Car

1991 Dodge Stealth R/T TT - Restoration Phase

Thread Information