Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone had any experience with it? It has some good prices but in most cases cheap paint isn`t the best but for someone on a limited budget, would it get the job done? Its not so important on one of my cars, but I want to paint my Jeep and Mustang black and I have a Dakota that I want to paint, but im selling it soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Never heard of it?

Where are you buying it from?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    `Was an online site, this one to be exact. \r\n\r\n Transtar \r\n\r\nIt looks kinda cheap, but i don\`t care about color matching because all 3 cars are getting the entire car painted. I\`d be open to any other suggestions of brands for paint, but from what I was looking at, it would cost me 500 bucks per car to paint and was a little more than I was willing to spend! I have experience with painting, but none in products! Any help would be greatly appreciated!`

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s some cheap stuff, you can buy it at this bargain junk store I`ve been too... I know of people using it and it wasn`t much count... You`d be better off picking up some Nason or Omni which are Dupont and PPG`s cheaper brands...

Post Thanks / Like
    man i replied to this thread! it didn`t show up! Thanks for the recommendation on the paint!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I did some research on the brands that you suggested that were better than transtar and they are said to hold up for no longer than 5 years! So I will go with PPG I guess. Why do they only sell them in stores and not online, I hate having to talk to people at stores because I always think they are going to take advantage of me because I don`t have experience in this industry. How much paint is needed to do a Pickup, a SUV, and a Mustang? being 3 coats of primer 3 coats of color and 3 coats of clear? Would i need a gallon or more? my auto collision teacher told its like 3 pints of paint and a gallon of clear and the primer depends but usually under a gallon per car but I don`t know how much I can trust him because hes been wrong about some things in the past.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say about at least 2-3 quarts of base for each vehicle and followed by half a gallon of clear using a decent gun.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would definitely suggest going with PPG, but you were talking about bargain basement paint and thought that you were trying to go cheap. You just went from $200 - $250 for super cheap primer/paint/clear to probably around 3 - 5 times that much, depending on what line of PPG you go with. If you go with house of colors, it`s way more than that...

Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm thanks for the input. I think I`ll do Omni on my Dakota and moms Camry and PPG nicer PPG stuff on the Mustang Excursion and Jeep. Thanks!

Thread Information