Post Thanks / Like
    ...and Lexus people now say that windshield isnt covered in warranty and that I have to pay. Well I knew about this, but that was the reason I took the permaplate windshield protection from them. When I got that plan, they had told me that it protects ( repairs or replaces )from any cracks or damages due to rocks or stones or road debris. Now when I have a crack they tell me they have nothing to do with permaplate. And that its a plan which they don`t push for, but is open for us to choose. So what if we choose ?? If its in the paperwork shouldn`t they take care of that ? The sales manager with whom I spoke was so rude that she was asking me to speak to the person who gave me this plan, who also happens to be in the same company and sort it out with him. What a crook.

Do you guyz know what this permaplate windshield protection is and what is covered in this ?? Do they replace the cracked windows which have been already treated by permaplate or do they replace any cracked windows ?? coz we were just told that its a windshield protection program and nothing about treatment to the windshield.

Its so frustrating ...its my new car and this is the last thing i wanna see....

i think i just have to go with my insurance, replace it and then apply permaplate, if thats wat that protection plan means....:grrr

Post Thanks / Like
    NO! dont do it, ask to speak with them in there showroom where there are customers looking. Make sure to make a scene, and ask to speak with the owner of the dealership. Also, say i will never buy a car from you guys again and ile make sure to tell everyone i know also.

When they say sort it out with someone else then you say, if hes the one i need to talk to then so be it but im going to leave with my car fixed because it is down in the warranty.

...i have had many experiences with watching my dad deal with people (even a similar experience).

,Daniel
    Daniel J Wendell

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by krishh17
    ...and Lexus people now say that windshield isnt covered in warranty and that I have to pay. Well I knew about this, but that was the reason I took the permaplate windshield protection from them. When I got that plan, they had told me that it protects ( repairs or replaces )from any cracks or damages due to rocks or stones or road debris. Now when I have a crack they tell me they have nothing to do with permaplate. And that its a plan which they don`t push for, but is open for us to choose. So what if we choose ?? If its in the paperwork shouldn`t they take care of that ? The sales manager with whom I spoke was so rude that she was asking me to speak to the person who gave me this plan, who also happens to be in the same company and sort it out with him. What a crook.

Do you guyz know what this permaplate windshield protection is and what is covered in this ?? Do they replace the cracked windows which have been already treated by permaplate or do they replace any cracked windows ?? coz we were just told that its a windshield protection program and nothing about treatment to the windshield.

Its so frustrating ...its my new car and this is the last thing i wanna see....

i think i just have to go with my insurance, replace it and then apply permaplate, if thats wat that protection plan means....:grrr

If all else fails, just try another dealer. I have found that there is a world of difference from Lexus to Lexus dealers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Somehow, I don`t think we`re getting the entire story. I`ve never heard of windshield crack protection, but not saying it doesn`t exist. First thing you should do is read the paperwork.

How did the windshield crack? Does it fall under the actual warranty of this Permaplate?

Not sure if this is the same PermaPlate, but here`s a link to the PermaPlate website and how to make a claim.

Welcome to PermaPlate.com -- Perpetual protection for what moves you - Windshield Warranty Info

Post Thanks / Like
    You may also check with your insurance companies. I have heard some people have plans that will replace the windshield for a small deductible because it is a rather vital component in driver safety.
    Will

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tod071
    Somehow, I don`t think we`re getting the entire story. I`ve never heard of windshield crack protection, but not saying it doesn`t exist.

Just for the record, I know a guy that just got taken hook line and sinker for this protection package as well as interior and exterior only to.......have it detailed inside and out.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    How did the windshield just crack? Never heard of this. Sometimes a rock chip or something can make a crack, but just like that?? Maybe a Lexus thing?

Post Thanks / Like
    These cracks happen. Usually due to a failure in the glass during manufacturing.

Don`t let this go. Lexus has a rep to maintain. Use it to your advantage. Be polite, cool headed and professional. Work your way uo the chain.

I like baseballlover1 advice. Keep it public, do it on a Saturday. Make sure the sales person and sales manager is present.

I had a windsheild crack once when it got smacked by a big hunk of tire from a big rig.
    Good driving and good listening!!

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds like Permaplate is a lot like the Auto Butler. If you are looking for reimbursement, you probably need to contact Permaplate, not the dealership. If that doesn`t work I would try to calmly discuss the issue with upper management of the dealership before pitching a fit in the middle of the showroom. Although there is a time to get assertive, I have had very good luck just being understanding with the dealership (i.e. free repairs not under warranty).

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah if Lexus wont change it look into you insurance. I know in KY its state law that insurance has to change the windshield out (for free). That is only if you have full coverage which I`m sure you do on a new car.
    -Dustin

Check out my cars progress from beginning to end...

http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/...ining-end.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by truzoom
    You may also check with your insurance companies. I have heard some people have plans that will replace the windshield for a small deductible because it is a rather vital component in driver safety.

Actually in Florida it`s a state law (not insurance company specific) for them to repair a windshield with no deductible.

Post Thanks / Like
    is this som kind of weird "spam" that I don`t understand?

strange first post with no follow up?

do they get payed for searches on permaplate

or is this to try and hurt permaplate

am I missing something?

same with this thread: http://autopia.org/forum/hot-tub/101...-blasting.html

Thread Information