Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HID Lighting

Post Thanks / Like
    Correct. In 10 minutes, this can be converted back to stock.

I also have the stock 9006 bulbs in zip-lock bags in the glove compartment should I need a quick switch out on the road if I get pinched.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackElantraGT

I`m more bothered by the guy in the Trans Am racing up and down my street or the guy on the Harley that can be heard 5 blocks away.
    Sorry about that, I`ll try and slow down more. :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    Night pictures and final thoughts.

The road is flooded with a well shaped white light. The halogen reflectors are not an issue, while not as laser focused as my other cars with factory HID, these are still very effective in lighting the road. Oncoming traffic is not disturbed by the light nor are drivers in front of the Jeep.

I dont think they have the cheap purple "rice" look, the color white with an extremely light blue tint. I will be keeping them and getting the fog lamps. I am not sure on a color though. I think it may look better matched to the headlights. Maybe I will order both sets of bulbs and return what I dont like.

Post Thanks / Like
    let`s not forget that jsatek`s car is a lease. I would not spend all that money doing a proper retrofit with HID projectors on a car I would have to eventually return. With the plug n` play kit he can at least remove it and put his old halogen bulbs back in when it`s time to return the car or trade it in for another lease.

I understand some of your views about blinding oncoming drivers and doing it properly, but we have plenty of rice rockets here in SoCal (considering that`s where the import car craze started) and blinding headlights isn`t anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be (I don`t have HIDs... stock H7 halogens). I`m more bothered by the guy in the Trans Am racing up and down my street or the guy on the Harley that can be heard 5 blocks away.

Actually I am more worried about the glare in my eyes on a rainy night. It`s hard enough to deal with the halogen glare from the roads.

But I understand where you come from completely GT.

Post Thanks / Like
    At least link me to the eBay auction .

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m more bothered by the guy in the Trans Am racing up and down my street or the guy on the Harley that can be heard 5 blocks away.

sorry it bothers you but what is safer for everyone on the road?

hearing a car or Harley before it gets to you

or

not being able to see because someone changed there lights

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJimZ28
    sorry it bothers you but what is safer for everyone on the road?

hearing a car or Harley before it gets to you

or

not being able to see because someone changed there lights

I never said anything about safety. I`m just referring to what is more bothersome to me.

I live in the city so every once in a while, I`m blinded by someone`s headlights but it`s never to the point where I say "holy $hit, I can`t see!" and then have to swerve and possibly hit a pole, pedestrian, etc. The city`s surrounded by bright lights so as much glare as these plug n` play HID kits put out on some cars, it`s not as bad as people make it out to be because your eyes are already adjusted to the brighter lights (in a city setting). I`ve been blinded (and more distracted) more often by the lights on the Vegas strip than I ever have from other drivers with illegal HIDs.

Now if I lived up in the mountains and was driving on dark, curvy roads then all of a sudden some ba$tard came around the corner with bright HIDs or his high beams on, then yeah I`d be pissed.

Even if I was referring to safety, I`d gladly take the chance of being blinded for a sec. than possibly having a child run over because some idiot thought that going 55 on a quiet, residential street was cool. And usually the bikers with the loud, modified bikes are just as guilty as the guy swapping out his stock headlights for HIDs.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m installing a light that blinds people that have a different opinion than mine.

chill, chill.....

My personal pocket-sized skull hole puncher:

Post Thanks / Like
    I never said anything about safety. I`m just referring to what is more bothersome to me.

I live in the city so every once in a while, I`m blinded by someone`s headlights but it`s never to the point where I say "holy $hit, I can`t see!" and then have to swerve and possibly hit a pole, pedestrian, etc. The city`s surrounded by bright lights so as much glare as these plug n` play HID kits put out on some cars, it`s not as bad as people make it out to be because your eyes are already adjusted to the brighter lights (in a city setting). I`ve been blinded (and more distracted) more often by the lights on the Vegas strip than I ever have from other drivers with illegal HIDs.

Now if I lived up in the mountains and was driving on dark, curvy roads then all of a sudden some ba$tard came around the corner with bright HIDs or his high beams on, then yeah I`d be pissed.

Even if I was referring to safety, I`d gladly take the chance of being blinded for a sec. than possibly having a child run over because some idiot thought that going 55 on a quiet, residential street was cool. And usually the bikers with the loud, modified bikes are just as guilty as the guy swapping out his stock headlights for HIDs.

I was just looking at things a different way that`s all

but my loud cars are legal the 81 Z28 has had the DB checked several times

and passes with flying colors and my 97 Z28 is fine also if I keep the cutout closed

55 on a quiet, residential street is stupid

but not every one with a fast or loud car is dangerous

I am just outside of the city and some of the lights that people put on there car

do make you loose sight of things for a few seconds

Post Thanks / Like
    I have got some on my daily driver, `94 Integra GS-R, and I love them....they were from ebay and only $150.

Post Thanks / Like
    35w 6000k in both fogs and low beams

lowbeams are projectors, b/c putting hids in reflectors is the dumbest thing i`ve ever heard of

Post Thanks / Like

fogs only

low beams only

fogs low beams

fogs

fogs

fogs low beams

fogs low beams

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paul34
    That`s not a true retrofit solution. That`s just some bulbs and a ballast that connect to halogen connectors. No offense, but you`ve officially riced out your Jeep by putting HIDs in halogen housings.

You`ll have to actually do a TRUE retrofit if you want the beam to focus properly and most importantly, not blind oncoming drivers. Or if you`re lucky, you`ll find someone who produces decent projectors for sale for your vehicle.

+1

Ramble on
    Umm! BLACK

Post Thanks / Like

This looks rice?

Smoke on...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information