Thread: Tinted Windows

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey everyone just got my windows tinted on Thursday and there are a few air bubbles. there is a pretty big one on my rear window. Will this go away on its own or will i have to do something myself??? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Most if not all will go away with the heat of the day. Give it 2 weeks or so and then if they are still there go back and tell them to fix it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Give it 3-5 days (if sunny). I`ve worked a few out on my own (with credit card or the type of pastic squeagie they use). If you don`t feel comfortable doing this, just take it back to the shop.

Post Thanks / Like
    What they said^^^^^

There will be some minor bubbling from the moisture for a few days. Parking in the sun helps speed up the elimination process. If they are not gone after several days then you should have them reapply the tint. Also, don`t lower your windows for the first 24 hours.
    John

JEMM Auto Detailing - Serving the Greater Binghamton, NY area

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea i think the reason why they are still there is because i park in my garage alot and havent gone out much during the day with it since i got them done. Thanks for the advice guys

Post Thanks / Like
    For your warranty`s sake, I wouldn`t mess with it myself. If they don`t go away after a good day of sun, just take a quick ride back to who did them, and I`m sure they will have no problem redoing it.

Depending on the type of car, and who is doing it, there are some situations where you have use more water than usual to get the tint to lay flat (like a rear window defroster), and sometimes that will cause unwanted bubbles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Give it a few weeks in the heat and sun.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with others, I had my windows done in April when the weather was still a little cool and it took 2 weeks for all the bubbles to get out. No worries in the hot weather give it a couple days in the sun

Post Thanks / Like
    Reputable shops always take care of bubbles. I had this happen on my rear window a year after installation and the shop took care of it no problems. While it was expensive for the initial install, the lifetime warranty was worth it to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    The guy that did my brother`s car said there was going to be bubbling the first couple of days from the water. They went away completely after about a week or so.

Post Thanks / Like
    ya just give it time and try to work it out

Post Thanks / Like
    I just had the same issue, and I took the car back to the shop. They were happy to redo the windows....no bubbles!
    2007 C4S

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldnt worry too much about it. There is a general warning that tinters forget to mention and thats that bubbles are simply part of the process. its actually moisture that is setting in between the tint and window. i wouldnt worry. either way it wouldnt be a bad idea to double check and call them.

Thread Information