Post Thanks / Like
    I`m really tempted to get a PC now... since im a noob.... what kind of PC should i get ? and about the pads...

how do you know which one to use ?

i mean.... i don`t really understand the pad thingy`s....

when do you konw to replace them ?

which ones to use on which situations ?

how do i take care of the pads?

i really want to get a PC but i really want to know how to use it and the things i should know before using it before getting one.... any advice would help..

also, i don`t have any wheel cleaners.... when you guys say wheel, does it mean the tire and the rims???

what`s 10:1 ??? i know it means 10 ratio to 1... but how do i exactly measure that ?

what brand of wheel cleaner should i use ? or does it not matter ?

after polishing, what kind of towels should i use to wipe off the polish ??? would that same type of towel wipe off the glaze and wax too ??? how many towels should i have to do an entire car ??? i only got 1 MF megs towel i use to wash my car with... wondering if i should get more to work on polish and wax later on. i havent gave my car any wax on yet... so the water beading is so bad... ill be sure to post pics when ever i can.

i own an 07 black civic... it`s got a big of swirls on it already due to dusts and all that in hawaii.... any help at all, would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 07CivicEX

what`s 10:1 ??? i know it means 10 ratio to 1... but how do i exactly measure that ?

10:1 would be 10 parts product to 1 part water. If you`re looking for a dilution, it`s laboratory referred to as 1:10, which is 1 part product to 10 parts water. 1:1 would be a 50/50 dilution. etc...
    :io:

Post Thanks / Like
    so what kind of method should i use when im cleaning wheel ??? thanks a lot nightynight.

i`m also wondering if it`d be wise to use an applicator for metal polishing ???

Post Thanks / Like
    i posted some more info, but it`s not coming up. ***...

edit:

eh.. im bored so ill try and answer more of your questions. I can`t really answer your PC/pad questions from experience since im waiting on mine from autopia.. (its in the mail). I could from what I`ve read, but I`ll let one of the more experienced guys do it.

I can tell you that the main PC used is the 7424 model, which is around 130 from the online dealers. Getting a kit with pads would be your best interest, and reading the descriptions autopia-carcare puts on their packages would also give you a bunch of info about what the pads do/maintenance.

For wheels, I just use a diluted APC, spray it on, let it sit during the wash, then wash it off at the end.

Microfiber towels are the new ideal towels, since they microscopically capture particles with their technology. Use a microfiber towel to remove the polish and wax, or use a bonnet on top of a wool pad from your PC to buff it nicely when removing. As far as a count of towels, I`d go to your local costco, buy their 20 pack or whatever, and take them home, wash them, label them for wht you want to use them for (polish, glass, wax, drying etc..) with a sharpie and use those for only those purposes. Also, wash your glass towels seperate from the polish and wax towels, you want to keep your glass towels as clean as possible.
    :io:

Post Thanks / Like
    For wheels, either go with Meg`s Wheel Brightener if you`re comfortable with toxic chemicals, etc and want to burn the dust off without having to use a brush. If you don`t mind putting in a little extra work, and don`t want to risk acid burns (it`s a *very* small risk) try S100 Gel you can get it at Harley dealerships.

I`d get atleast 10 towels... the Chemical Guy`s sell like 12 for 10 bucks and they are definetly good enough for paint use. I`d get their EZ creme glaze and 50:50 paste wax while you were at it - those two over a prepped surface will really knock your socks off.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    can anyone explain what compounding is ? is that a product ? or is it a technique ?? im wondering if when you use a PC do you use the orange pad then green so does that mean we have to polish it twice ? or would one pad be enough ? also... when you`re polishing.... you just go over the paint in west/east motion to north/south motion until the polish is thinly hazed ??? or just.... i dunno... any help ??

Thread Information