Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, i`m new here and i joined today. I joined cause i wanted to meet people like me that are "car crazy".

I also joined cause i have a problem. Someone has vandalized my new civic Si and i`m pissed!.

It happened at work last Thursday and i didn`t notice it untill i went home that day and walked to my new car.

The damage looks like a BB gunshot to me, but could`ve been done using some kinda heavy blunt object.

Here`s my baby the week i got it. I`ve had it now for almost 2 months

I LOVE my new car!

These are the pics of the recent vandalized damage to my car. I`m mainly posting these cause i need everybody`s advice and opinions on it and what to do and how to take care of it.

There you go!, HOW MESSED UP IS THAT HUH?!!!

Ofcourse i`m not going to fix this myself eventhough i believe i could and i DO know how to do it all but i think i better sit this one out and let the PRO`S handle it. I`m looking for your opinions on the issue and how it`s most likely gonna have to be repaired. OH, and when i put my hand inside the trunk from the INSIDE, i can feel the dent a tiny bit with the back of my hand. mostly my middle finger cause i can`t fit my hand too deep in there cause it won`t fit. but there IS a little nipple dent on the inside of the trunk lid panel. just thought i`d let you know incase that helps. oh boy, WHAT TO DO?!

Post Thanks / Like
    damn sorry to see this on a new car,but it looks more like a high powered pellet gun or a .22 caliber at a long range.that looks pretty deep to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    man that sucks. It does not show the signs of a BB...could be a pellet, or looking at the deflection the possibility of a small caliber bullet like a 22 comes to mind. Best bet is to take it to a body shop.

Walter

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah thanks man. it didn`t go through the metal though. it DID however go right down to the BARE metal. through primer, paint AND clear coats. but it didn`t go through thank GOD!.

Post Thanks / Like
    well it couldnt`ve been an ACTUAL .22 caliber gun cause it happened at my job where we have salesmen walking around and customers also. we have NO video cameras so that hope is all lost. NOBODY seen it happen which sucks *** aswell. i don`t know man.

Post Thanks / Like
    :aww: That sucks - big time !

I really don`t like the look off the pic with your finger near it. That does look real messed up. I hope you get it sorted

Post Thanks / Like
    To fix that you will need a body shop..
    Jonathan

Post Thanks / Like
    God this SUCKS!. i figured i would need a bodyshop but do you guys think they`ll look at it and be able to handle something like this with no problems?. you think they`ll tell me that "all is good"? or should i just buy a whole new trunk panel?, it`ll be like nothing ever happened. my paint isn`t exactly really easily matched either as you all can see.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you will be fine going to a good quality body shop. They will be able to blend the clear to match. A good shop will probably do the entire lower part of the trunk area to get it right. As far as it not being a .22, a stray bullet even of that caliber can travel over a mile and still do that damage.

Walter

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, ok i see. I called the Honda Dealership where i got the car from today and talked to someone in parts/service and they told me they have their particular bodyshop they use. i asked if they match the paint good and they said yes loud and confident enough for me to feel good about that issue. this collision shop that honda has might not be that bad. they also do VW`s, Mercedes, and BMW body work too. sounds like they`re good enough to handle a damn honda civic eh?. Fingers X`ed

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck with it. Post some pics of the work after they fix it.

Walter

bestaaa
    You`re HISTORY!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah i`ll have to post some pictures when i get it all fixed up. meanwhile, what should i do to keep it from rusting over?. i was thinking of putting a big round magnet on it so that it won`t get moisture on it or it won`t get wet cause the magnet will seal good enough to keep water away. i didn`t wanna cover it up with paint or anything cause i wanted the paint tech to see it in all it`s glory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Please remove bestaaa from this group and topic and sorry about the 2007 honda i agree with other to get it to a body shop before rust sets in .

Post Thanks / Like
    I told you not to cheat on her.

Seriously though, that sucks man. I feel bad for you. Yeah, you will need a body shot to fill that in and spray the whole panel.

OH, and to keep it from rusting, you need to put some touch-up paint on it. Just dab a little on it and that will keep it from rusting.
    What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it`s all about???

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4...1967 Ford Mustang Coupe...2001 Audi A4 1.8T

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information