Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like
    Well hello, So I went to the autobody shop that my HONDA dealership told me to go to today and liked what happened and how I was treated. They have awards and recognition trophies and whatnot all over the place and I was ready all I could while I was waiting for the Estimator guy to show up and give me a FREE estimate and he was cool and I explained to him what heppened and that I`d sure hope they do an excellent job on my car and the guy made me feel like they were going to take care of me and the car so I was at ease. In total, it`s going to cost me about 440 to 450 dollars to repair. They`re going to have to take apart the trunk lid meaning the spoiler, license plate holder and emblems-(which I plan on taking the emblems off myself, which will cost less at the end) and then they`ll have to repaint all of the WHOLE entire trunk lid. The guy said thats what needs to be done in order to blend it perfectly and make it seem like nothings was ever wrong. I asked him if the paint and quality is going to hold up and he said "YES FOR SURE, IT SHOULD LAST THE LIFETIME OF THE CAR" so I felt good about that. They seem very professional and know what they`re doing. He mentioned that it`s not a big dent and problem but in order to do it the RIGHT and PERFECT way, they`re going to have to repaint the whole trunk lid and as far as i`m concerned, I`M COOL WITH THAT cause I want ONLY THE BEST. I feel better now that i`ve got it done. I told him though that I wasn`t going to have it done untill the winter time or so and he said that it`s fine but that it might get really busy as the winter time here in florida for them is busier cause of the snow birds and everyone comming to florida. I guess thats when most accidents and fender benders happen?. He also told me that when I make an appointment that they`ll make it for a MONDAY and have me out by a WEDNESDAY. So thats 2 days! WOW!, I was impressed!. thats pretty quick you know?. So what do you all think?. Does this all checkout fine?

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate stupid people somtimes. man im sorry to see that done to your car.
    down here in colorful colorado!

Post Thanks / Like
    ^thanks:xyxthumbs . Yeah it`s been 3 months since it happened and 5 and a half months since I bought the car and I`m more so over the fact that it happened, I`m more worried about them fixing it and it comming out good. But the estimator guy said that they`ll pop out as much or most if not ALL of the small dent that it has and then repaint the whole trunk so as to perfectly blend the whole trunk together with the rest of the car. Yeah it still sucks cause I have to go through all of this crap but these kinda things happen and you can`t stop them. The 1 thing that pisses me off the most outa this whole deal is that I don`t know how it happened.....and i`ll NEVER know either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Get it over with and take it to a body shop. thats unfortunate, but im sure you`ll be cruisiing in no time.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^oh yeah man!, i`m for sure gonna take care of it but i`m just saving up cause i`ve got other things taking up my money`s. it`s still healthy looking with no rust. it seems like the dent that is there is kinda lessening or looks like it`s not that dented, don`t know why though....maybe it`s just me. It`s going to cost me but I was actually thinking today that I should just take off the whole entire trunk lid and give it to them and just cover up my trunk space with some plastic or something so that way I can have my car still to drive around and such. do you guys think this is a good idea?. plus, I don`t wanna take the chance of leaving it with them (eventhough it`ll be there for 2.5 days) and something bad happen to it like scuffs or other dents and such. I`m HIGHLY thinking of leaving them JUST the trunk lid and keeping my car at home where i know it`ll be safe from bodyshop mistakes or damages....what do you guys think, good idea or bad idea?. Should I just leave them the WHOLE car being that it`ll just be there for alittle more than 2 days?.

Post Thanks / Like
    ouch i hate inconsiderate ppl

Post Thanks / Like
    It may be worth contacting your insurance company to see if you can get a new trunk lid...vandalism shouldn`t lead to a premium increase. When my old car was vandalized I had $1400 of body work done to it and all I had to pay was the $500 deductible and there was no premium increase. And then I got the deductable back when the idiots that damaged my car got caught and my insurance company went after them for the whole damage amount.
    2001 Infiniti I30A

Upgrades: XM Radio

Coming: I35 Grill

Post Thanks / Like
    worthless, good for nothing people FTL:grrr

Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt i`ll be able to get a new trunk lid. my deductable is 500 also and this fix isn`t gonna cost me no more than 420 to 430 or so.

It`s gonna get fixed, I just need to save up and wait till the winter time. I have a good feeling that it should be fixed in the winter time here in FLORIDA cause the air will be cool, crisp and dry with no humidity. And I will still have the sun:2thumbs: .

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, Im still ont sure if I like the new Civics or not...but damn, thats horrible! Luckily youve got black paint, not metallic black as that would be harder to match.

Could have been worse I suppose. could have happened on numerous panels.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah my paint is flaked with blue in it but not much. yeah i`m also glad that it didn`t happen to other panels too. the people at the bodyshop said they`d match it very well and have perfect amount of ORANGE PEEL to flow right. they`re gonna have to repaint the whole trunk lid for the job to be perfect though.

I`m starting to think that it wasn`t vandalism but rather a stray rock from a lawn mower or weedwacker.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information