Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    That sucks. I wouldn`t do anything else but fill the hole with primer and touch it up. The body work is never going to be 100% like new. If you just fill the hole with body filler/primer and wetsand and then put touch-up on top, wetsand that and buff it will look a lot better than and blend across your whole trunk lid. Just my opinion.
    Learning How To Detail the Eco-Friendly Way

I hear the '55s are in Ben Kenobi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry that this happened to you, it really does suck. I don`t see why PDR can`t be attempted by a professional. Have it looked at and they`ll determine if they can make it better. If they can this will hopefully lessen bodyfillers that will be used. You`ll spend a fortune on a new decklid and spoiler, just get it repaired as best you can. I can recommend some good restaurants in Matlacha that will help ease the pain with a good meal!
    Hoping the weather gets warmer again

Post Thanks / Like
    that pisses me off, i think its jealousy. i had some people do that to my first car and my second one the 1st day i had it someone decided to key it in a million places.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^:bawling:

That just SUCKS!. I never thought that maybe the lawn/land scapers that do the lawn at my job COULD HAVE done this. But I don`t know. A couple of people saying if it happened when a weedwacker or lawnmower shot out a rock towards my trunk lid and did this damage. Is that likely?, thats one HELL of a ding/chip. What do you guys think?

Post Thanks / Like
    man thats a realy nice car..totally sucks when ignorant people are around nice things

Post Thanks / Like
    Sry to hear that. Nice looking car. I`m sure it will be fixed and it will look awesome again.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^oh i`m sure it will!^ but right now i`m still sporting it and driving around with it on my trunk still cause I need the money and still need to go to the bodyshop for an estimate. it`s not rusting on me or anything as I DO have a nice flat sheet of magnet on it that seals great and keeps away all the moisture and water for now. it`s black so it`s not that noticeable. it was one of those dominos pizza refrigerator magnets that had their phone # and such on it, I just peeled away the sticker decal from the magnet itself and took some adhesive remover to it to get all the gunk off and then let it dry and slapped it on the OUCHIE for the meanwhile untill i`m ready to take care of it. it`s fantastic so far LOL. I DO however need to get a COOLER car magnet so it looks a bit better LOL.....a REAL magnet!.

Post Thanks / Like
    are you covered fully by your insurance???? if you are, i would call them and ask for an estimate for a vandalized car. just tell them that your car got vandalized and they should be able to let you know how much you would pay for a deductible.

Post Thanks / Like
    My coverage is good but my deductable is 500 dollars. I don`t think that this dint will cost me more than 500 dollars. Infact, it will most likely cost way under 500 dollars.

Post Thanks / Like
    oooooooo....................... That hurts, sorry to see that happened to you man.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnold
    My coverage is good but my deductable is 500 dollars. I don`t think that this dint will cost me more than 500 dollars. Infact, it will most likely cost way under 500 dollars.

I believe this will cost you a little bit more than 500. If done correctly

Post Thanks / Like
    ehh, whatever the cost, as long as it`s done PERFECTLY and that I don`t notice.....AT ALL!. yes, it DOES suck. it probably looks a whole lot worse on these pictures than in person. I dunno.

I`m not going to claim this through my insurance. I haven`t even involved insurance in this at all actually.

Post Thanks / Like
    My guess is it is going to cost a bit more than 500. Because what I think they will do is have you buy a new trunk from them, then painting + labor.

I think it will run you anywhere between 700-1000 dollars - just going off my own experience with bad dents or cracks.

Unless you go bondo + repaint route. Which I don`t think the dealership will even do. But you will notice that.

So my advice is to get a quote, and if it is in the price range I mentioned. Involve your insurance company. And then you are only paying 500 and the job will be flawless because it is a brand new trunk.

Post Thanks / Like
    thats such crap that happned.

Post Thanks / Like
    sounds all good and all but i can`t see me buying a WHOLE new trunk lid for this little thingy. I`m hoping they`ll just laugh at it and say "thats a piece of cake!".

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information