Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by atticdog
    how so the trd springs feel compared to stock?

im thinking of installing them on my07 SE but I dont want to ride harsh

If the OE springs are progressive (likely) and the TRD springs are progressive as well, you will harly feel any ride degredation. If you go from progressive rates to specifics, the ride becomes noticeably worse, even with aftermarket struts/shocks. It won`t be bone-jarring, but you`ll certainly notice a difference.

I would not recommend specific rate springs unless you have very smooth, well-paved roads in your area. I bought my Cobra with them (Eibach Sportlines) and even with Tokico struts/shocks, I still don`t like the ride.

Post Thanks / Like
    what about the 200 pound system in the trunk? Do you guys think that if i put my springs in then it will look like ****?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by krouchchocolate
    what about the 200 pound system in the trunk? Do you guys think that if i put my springs in then it will look like ****?

read post #20 on this link I see your a member there also and posted in this thread

"The Springs on all models are the same.

The struts on SE are different. They have an "rebound spring" inside, which overall changes the total spring rate, but the springs are the same."

so if they all have the same springs you should be fine because the hybrid is heavier in the back like you are
    2001 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R
    2003 Toyota echo (45mpg)
    2005 Scion TC

Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking about getting the trd springs to lower my car, but I will be having a 175-200 pound sound system in the trunk. I know this will make the rear sag so does anybody have a solution to this?

change the suspension to coilover

or Koni Yellow with TRD spring....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by absolutimpreza
    Why are so many people doggin on lowering cars? The Camry was built to please everyone, but he just wants to tailor it to fit his needs. It`s probably not going to be any lower than a vette, and I know for a fact those scrape all over the place up here in VT. I have a lowered Celica and have not heard it scrape once. It`s been lowered for over 30k miles and it`s never had any mechanical downfalls because of it. Get educated before you speak your mind.

Truthfully I`m kinda of impressed you have bottomed out an F-ed your Celica driving up in VT. I`m pretty much just talking about driving in the winter with frost heaves and such. I assume that the roads wouldn`t be an issue during the summer!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kyotousa
    change the suspension to coilover

or Koni Yellow with TRD spring....

There is not aftermarket brand that makes struts or coilcovers for the 07 Camry "Yet"...

All you can get is springs.. TRD, SPRING and SPRINGTECH (last two brands are garbage)...

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah im waiting for new things to come out for the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Up until the newest Camry, the idea of attempting ANY performance in any direction was totally a waste of time. It was the most boring Vanilla, 40 year old woman "car version of a mini-van" you could buy. The new one helps blur that perception but still its now its the equivalent of a "sweet mini-van". I still find it hard to put Toyota and auto enthusiast in the same sentence because they haven`t cared much for the "driver in you" for a long time. I`m sure with the spring upgrade though the handling will take a nice step in the right direction.

CHRIS

Post Thanks / Like
    This one too

*** is wrong with that?? car looks really good.:xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow I`m surprised on the hating on here; never thought a fairly neutral car forum with more mature people would react as such to modifying a camry.

I personally would wait for coilovers if you can, I am sure they are in the works from probably JIC and Tein as the very least, especially since Toyota seems to be trying to change the perception of the car to more on the sporty side.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am saddened by the some of the responses in this thread. I guess the arrogance and elitist attitude of some on Autopia.org will never change.

To the O.P. If you`re going to lower your car, use coilovers. You can`t go wrong with this look.

Antonio Wright - Mdetailer@Gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    this thread is really old, does anyone know what the original poster ended up doing?

I`m also not a huge fan of the idea, but since this is supposed to be a neutral car detailing forum, i will keep my comments to myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am curious what he ended up doing as well hence my reply, but I did notice that coilovers are still unavailable as of yet for the car.

Wheel gap is ugly however, no matter what car you have because it makes the car look disconnected. That`s why the cars when introduced at car shows have little gap. There are real world items like speedbumps to contend with but if people can drive Mercedes, Audi, BMW, and Porsches around town that come factory lowered then there is no reason every other car on the planet can`t have the same stance.

Then there are the performance effects like a higher center of gravity and more body roll...

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I`d drop it (as long as the wheels aren`t tucked) and put in a decent system. I don`t see much reason in putting 175-200 lbs. of stereo equipment. That`s just me.
    Devil Pad

Professional Automotive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcaraddict
    Yes, don`t lower the car, its a Camry.

No better words have been spoken, sorry.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information