Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    CIXELSYD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by atticdog

does this look crappy?

trd springs

No, not at all . . . looks great! :2thumbs:

Stupid wheel gap! I’d love to drop the S4, but I’ve had terrible luck with the Vdubs hitting raised manhole covers and loosing the oil pan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, I agree... the TRD drop is how it should come from the factory... but I guess Toyota needs to take into account all the people who drive over potholes, speed bumps, small children, etc at full speed

I think the bigger Nissans (Altima and Maxima) come at a decent distance from the ground. I`ve noticed on my sister`s Altima that the back is a lot lower than the front though. Fill the back with a bunch of people, and a good portion of the rear tire disappears into the wheel well. I don`t know why Nissan did that.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would for sure go with some shocks with the springs. In my opinion just adding springs is just done for looks. If you want the looks and performance go with a good matched shock and spring combo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paul34
    I`ve noticed on my sister`s Altima that the back is a lot lower than the front though. Fill the back with a bunch of people, and a good portion of the rear tire disappears into the wheel well. I don`t know why Nissan did that.

Its not just Nissan. Look at any BMW, Mercedes, Honda, Toyota, etc. Its a common practice by foreign car companies to raise the front of their cars for the US market. I read somewhere that it is because Americans like to see their cars level rather than sloping forward, but who knows :nixweiss , but its really weird that they do it. Mercedes use to put the thickest spring pads on their cars especially on the front for the US market

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paul34
    Yup, I agree... the TRD drop is how it should come from the factory... but I guess Toyota needs to take into account all the people who drive over potholes, speed bumps, small children, etc at full speed

They also take into account what the Camry is - a grocery getter.

Post Thanks / Like
    grocery getter with 268hp sport suspension and 17"wheels
    2001 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R
    2003 Toyota echo (45mpg)
    2005 Scion TC

CIXELSYD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yal
    I read somewhere that it is because Americans like to see their cars level rather than sloping forward, but who knows :nixweiss , but its really weird that they do it.

Two simple reasons . . . parking blocks and civil engineering standards.

Foreign auto makers increase ride height to prevent bumper damage.

Civil engineering standards relative to geographical size. As you can imagine, it’s much easier to regulate the highway construction standards of Germany [138,000 sq/mi] or Japan [145,000 sq/mi.], as opposed to the vast US network spanning 3,800,000 sq/mi.

You won’t see this in Germany . . .

Post Thanks / Like
    You know what Knockwurst that makes sense. Even small things like the slopes of driveways varies across the country, no real standard. When you have 50 States its kind of hard I guess

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by atticdog
    grocery getter with 268hp sport suspension and 17"wheels

Ok sorry a quick grocery getter. Don`t get me wrong, I love what Toyota has done with it, but at the end of the day its a Camry. Maybe perceptions will change over the next couple years...because before the redesign, it was the most boring, practical, average looking car.

I wonder if they`ll come out with a NASCAR type package next year to commemorate their entry into the NNC?

Post Thanks / Like
    You`re right Toyota doesn`t need to change its every bodies perception that needs to change, its the same with Hyundai, people look at Hyundai and think of the Excel from the early 90`s or the Tiburon from the mid 90`s and think man they suck, but they have improved by leaps and bounds

Speaking of Nascar...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yal
    You know what Knockwurst that makes sense. Even small things like the slopes of driveways varies across the country, no real standard. When you have 50 States its kind of hard I guess

Ahh yes. Even in the flat land that is Florida, there are driveways with wonderful, nearly flat rain gutters on the road-driveway transition, with gently sloping driveways; these are the great driveways.

And THEN you have gutters which seem to be the sharpest V shape, with a very deep dip. Add to this an incredibly steep driveway. Makes it very difficult with any car that isn`t super high off the ground - and try that with a manual as well. Lots of clutch slipping to get gently through the crazy dip and onto the driveway without scraping/stalling.

Strange thing is, it doesn`t even make a difference whether its a newer or older house. I`ve been to brand new houses with great driveways, and brand new houses with steep driveways and deep gutters of death

Post Thanks / Like
    For the ones that say that the camry It`s just a sedan and it doesn`t look good lowered and It`s just a family car...WELL guess what???? you are wrong :lol :lol

The white is Chad`s Camry and the Silver is mine.

(Click on picture to enlarge)

Photochoped

Krouchchocolate got with the TRD Spring 1.2 Front / 1.4 Back if you want a conservative ride, now for a more aggressive look you can go with Sprint Springs 1.75 Front / 1.75 Back with the V6 and 1.25 Front / 1.75 Back with the I4 (they are crap, and the car doesn`t ride well) or expend some dough and get a custom suspension..All depends on what you want...

Good luck

PD: Hi by the way....:2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    how so the trd springs feel compared to stock?

im thinking of installing them on my07 SE but I dont want to ride harsh
    2001 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R
    2003 Toyota echo (45mpg)
    2005 Scion TC

Post Thanks / Like
    There`s nothing juvenile about those TRD springs...it looks great.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t have the TRD but I heard that you can hardly feel the difference...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information