Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

From http://www.seafoamsales.com/

"SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT

Solving Engine Problems Easily and Inexpensively!

See SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT technical information

Common Reasons Service Technicians Use SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT

When your vehicle has a rough idle, hesitates, stalls, pings or has an after run problem – this is often due to carbon buildup.

Your service technician can offer a reasonably priced fuel systems cleaning with the use of SEA FOAM products to solve these carbon problems.

When your vehicle’s fuel injectors need cleaning – this is often due to residue left on injectors from poor burning fuels and contaminants.

Your service technician can offer an inline fuel injection cleaning with the use of an injector cleaning machine and SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT. SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT is also added to the fuel to disperse moisture, clean fuel lines and injectors while driving.

When moisture needs to be removed from fuels or an anti gel or de-icer is needed – these conditions are due to condensation in the fuel tank and extreme cold weather creating gas line freeze or diesel fuel gelling.

Your service technician can recommend the use of SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT in the fuel tanks to dry moisture and cure these problems.

When there is moisture detected in the oil – this problem is due mostly to poor ventilation and condensation. Sometimes, however, there is a bad head gasket, cracked head or block that must be replaced.

Your service technician will diagnose the problem and recommend the repairs. As part of the diagnostics, a SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT can be used in the oil crankcase to cure the moisture problems. A SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT can also be used in the oil crankcase after repairs to make sure moisture is eliminated.

When valve lifter noise is apparent or piston rings seem to be sticking – this is often due to dirty and gummed up oil passages, varnished lifters and buildup of gum, varnish and carbon in the piston ring areas.

Your service technician can offer a SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT that will clean sticky lifters and free sticky rings. By doing this treatment you will be able to determine if there is a varnish problem or a mechanical problem.

To help pass emissions tests – high emission numbers are usually caused by extreme carbon build up, dirty emission control items such as: pcv valve, egr valve, oxygen sensors or bad spark plugs and wires.

Your service technician can provide a pre-emission test service that includes SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT as a cleaning agent to help pass emissions tests.

When fuel stabilization and engine fogging is needed – fuels of today become stale in less than thirty days. Therefore, stabilization and engine fogging are needed when vehicles, lawnmowers, snow blowers, outboard motors, chainsaws, motorcycles, gas in cans and engines are put into storage. "

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by evenflow

From http://www.seafoamsales.com/

"SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT

Solving Engine Problems Easily and Inexpensively!

See SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT technical information

Common Reasons Service Technicians Use SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT

When your vehicle has a rough idle, hesitates, stalls, pings or has an after run problem – this is often due to carbon buildup.

Your service technician can offer a reasonably priced fuel systems cleaning with the use of SEA FOAM products to solve these carbon problems.

When your vehicle’s fuel injectors need cleaning – this is often due to residue left on injectors from poor burning fuels and contaminants.

Your service technician can offer an inline fuel injection cleaning with the use of an injector cleaning machine and SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT. SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT is also added to the fuel to disperse moisture, clean fuel lines and injectors while driving.

When moisture needs to be removed from fuels or an anti gel or de-icer is needed – these conditions are due to condensation in the fuel tank and extreme cold weather creating gas line freeze or diesel fuel gelling.

Your service technician can recommend the use of SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT in the fuel tanks to dry moisture and cure these problems.

When there is moisture detected in the oil – this problem is due mostly to poor ventilation and condensation. Sometimes, however, there is a bad head gasket, cracked head or block that must be replaced.

Your service technician will diagnose the problem and recommend the repairs. As part of the diagnostics, a SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT can be used in the oil crankcase to cure the moisture problems. A SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT can also be used in the oil crankcase after repairs to make sure moisture is eliminated.

When valve lifter noise is apparent or piston rings seem to be sticking – this is often due to dirty and gummed up oil passages, varnished lifters and buildup of gum, varnish and carbon in the piston ring areas.

Your service technician can offer a SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT that will clean sticky lifters and free sticky rings. By doing this treatment you will be able to determine if there is a varnish problem or a mechanical problem.

To help pass emissions tests – high emission numbers are usually caused by extreme carbon build up, dirty emission control items such as: pcv valve, egr valve, oxygen sensors or bad spark plugs and wires.

Your service technician can provide a pre-emission test service that includes SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT as a cleaning agent to help pass emissions tests.

When fuel stabilization and engine fogging is needed – fuels of today become stale in less than thirty days. Therefore, stabilization and engine fogging are needed when vehicles, lawnmowers, snow blowers, outboard motors, chainsaws, motorcycles, gas in cans and engines are put into storage. "

My dad used to use it to clean out his carb on his old old Fairmont Wagon.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used it on my Integra around 95k and it made a noticeable improvement in smoothness, fuel economy, and punch.

It is the funnest damn stuff to use, ever. I put half in my intake line (or whatever it`s called---vacuum line?), let sit for 10-15 mins, then started (took a couple tries). Rev it up a few times and go beat on your car for 10 minutes. The amount of white smoke will blow your mind, but once it starts to become clear, you will see the difference.

With the rest of the can, just add it when you are on "E", then fill up.

Some people swear by the stuff.

I`d be interested to hear other`s experiences with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    best stuff ever, a must have for cars who tend to need a catch can or have alot of blowby

Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard lots of good stuff about seafoam and I`ve even seen a cool vid.

but YOU CAN`T GET IT IN CANADA!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I used it a long long time ago. So long, that I really can`t recall how it worked. I don`t recall anything negative from it though, so it must have been decent.

Here is a neat vid: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...=seafoam&hl=en

And others: http://video.google.com/videosearch?...ndsp=20&tab=iv

Mike
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    I looked into this recently in some old threads at BITOG. The verdict? It may help, but it`s a bit dated.

http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/...5;t=003124;p=1

here`s a user`s opinion, essentially saying using a bottle of Techron every so often is better...makes sense to me:

"The carbon deposits can not be broken off in chunks and blown out the exhaust, like in previous decades. There is now a catalytic convertor that changes things. The carbon must be slowly removed and broken down to its smallest molecular structure. That way it can pass through the cat. Fuel system cleaners that contain Polyetheramine need time to remove carbon. It`s not the concentration, it`s the duration. In my opinion, you will not find anything better than Polyetheramine for newer fuel systems."
    `04 Steel Gray Metallic Mazda 6s V6 5door, `97 Honda Accord SE

Post Thanks / Like
    I just did a Berryman`s B12 treatment on my Contour this weekend, very similar product from what I can tell. I got a small hose, put one end in the bottle of B12, and one end in a vacuum port on the intake, then let it idle and suck all the cleaner through. Just a little bit of smoke, nothing like Seafoam. I`m not sure about pouring that stuff into your crankcase , and from what I`ve read Techron and others are better for adding to your gas tank for cleaning injectors.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s good stuff, but like gnahc79 was saying it can damage your catalytic converter and your O2 sensors so becareful with it. I also used it in my integra, but it had about 150K miles on it and a race pipe instead of a catalytic converter so it wasn`t that bad on my car. But I definately would not use it on a fairly new car.
    2005 BMW 545i, my new baby

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea I use it in both of my Z28`s

works very well

I have use it on my 97 camaro with cats two times

and the cats are still going strong with 120,000 miles on them!

F.Y.I. only use it in the crankcase as a 5 min . flush

before changing the oil

Post Thanks / Like
    Used Seafoam once on my Z28 back in the day (late 90`s). Over the last 5 or 6 years I just make sure my 3rd or 4th tankful is Texaco with Techron.

More cost effective, no hassle and completely safe.

Post Thanks / Like
    I put it in my oil within 500 miles of an oil change. In my car club people were having their engines go out and one of the common links was they were all seafoam users. So I don`t take a chance and add it a few miles before an oil change, but don`t leave it in there all the time. My uncles Citation and my daughters Mazda both have sticky valve problems, the only thing that has worked is the seafoam.

As far as in with the gas, I`ve never noticed any difference.
    07 Kia Sportage EX

07 Kia Rio

Dodge Dakota 4 door 4x4

Chrysler 300m Sold

92 Dodge Stealth RT TT Sold

Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used it ALOT when I was building my Hondas. Cleans everything out. I used to rebuild D16s and B18`s before I got into detailing.

I hear the '55s are in Ben Kenobi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great to see this posted. A lot of members of malibuclub.ca swear by it. I wondered if it was available in Canada as I`ve looked for it but haven`t found it at the autoparts stores. Have to get some next time I`m by an Advance Auto.
    Hoping the weather gets warmer again

Post Thanks / Like
    There is no way I would drive any miles with it in the oil

yea that a good way to kill your engine!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information