Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten
    It`s good stuff, but like gnahc79 was saying it can damage your catalytic converter and your O2 sensors so becareful with it.

I used the Chevron w/ Techron fuel additive in my 96 Civic and the next morning my Check Engine light came on. I wound up needing a new 02 sensor. While at it, I changed the fuel filter and had the fuel injectors cleaned.

As a result, I`m a bit leary about dropping any additives like Seafoam in my engine / gas tank.

I change my oil every 3 months regardless of miles driven and never let my fuel tank drop below 1/4 of a tank. I fill with plain old regular. I`m getting 27 miles to the gallon in the city in my 10 year old Honda. I`ll fill with Ultimate from BP Amoco or the Sunoco Ultra 96 when I go on the highway (once a month) and open it up for a sustained amount time. Maybe it`ll help keep things clean. Doesn`t hurt and the difference is less than $2.00 more than regular in my little gas tank. (only cost $16.20 to top it off with 6 gallons of regular today!)
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used seafoam plenty of times and love it

1/3 in the PVC Vac line (or ABS booster)

1/3 in the gas with about 1/2 tank left - let it fun to E then refill up

1/3 in the crank case (oil) - only if i`m about to drive to have an oil change, i dont like having anything sit in the oil for an extended period of time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used it on my stang worked great (don`t don`t have cats) but the o2`s were just fine. I have also used B12 before as a fuel injector cleaner I did notice a bit of fuel increase......
    "Life is not measured by the breathes we take, but by the moments that take our breathes away" :punk:

Post Thanks / Like
    i need to perform this ....

i understand you need to put some in the crankcase so after i run it for less then 50 miles i will do an immediate oil change

also if i put some in the vacuum line which should not clog or no need to replace anything right

finally place some in the gas tank which i dont mine but i recently replace my fuel filter will it clog it up has anyone had to replace this

sound like a good cleaner with no bad effects....has everyone who used this did the required mainteance afterward......

TIA
    another day another dollar

Post Thanks / Like
    the idea behind putting it in the crankcase is that it is a very light engine flush treatment. It can help break loose cooked up oil that has no detergents left & is caught up in the engine, that way, when you drain, the excess particulates drain out. Thats why you don`t drive for very long after adding it to the crankcase.

as a fuel system addative, there are better ones out there.

as an intake cleaner, there are better ones out there.

Is seafoam bad? not in the least. Is it dangerous? Sure if you go all rev-happy when sucking it in, but any upper boddy type cleaner can be dangerous when you start laying into the throttle while its pulling it in. You`re not supposed to redline the sucker, just put the engine under some load.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a friend that has a Motorvac machine at his home, and I visit him every so often for a motorvac service. I can definitely tell a difference in how smooth the engine idles after the service.
    ~werd to yo mutha~
    Wade

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had nothing but success with this product. You might get a CEL but that is just because of all the crap passing by your O2 sensor. A quick reset will take care of that. Make sure you take the vehicle out for an agressive drive after performing the service. Changing your oil after cleaning the intake is recommended.

Check out more here: http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...hlight=seafoam
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.

-George Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    I ran it through my 2000 Cougar at 90k miles. Put some in the gas, some in the oil and drove it until it was empty (~320mi). Just before the oil change I ran it through the UIM booster lines and let it soak and then blew it out and change the oil.

I recommend you change or remove & clean the spark plugs as they will have a lot of residue on them. I never ran into problems with the O2 sensors and I had my test pipe in place of my CAT at the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I plan on trying out auto-rx http://auto-rx.com . Recommended by BITOG and no cloud of white smoke to scare the neighbors .
    `04 Steel Gray Metallic Mazda 6s V6 5door, `97 Honda Accord SE

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sneek
    I have heard lots of good stuff about seafoam and I`ve even seen a cool vid.

but YOU CAN`T GET IT IN CANADA!!
    Try AutoValue.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeegr
    Try AutoValue.

Where is there an AutoValue?
    She says it`s just a car, I say she`s just a girl, it`s not a hobby, it`s a way of living :ca

Post Thanks / Like
    Seafoam is great, I use it about twice a year on my 01 GMC sierra. It works best if you pull a vacuum line(brake booster works nice) and let it suck about half the can down while running the engine at 3-4k, shut the engine off and let sit for an hour, start it up and smoke the neighborhood out.

Also it is good to run quality branded fuel, ie shell, mobil, Amoco, Chevron.

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Elusive
    Where is there an AutoValue?
    In Toronto:

http://www.baseautovalue.com/html/contact.html

And here`s the directory page for all listings in Toronto:

http://direct.where2getit.com/cwc/ap...d+Location+Now

Here`s the general directory page for those who aren`t from Toronto:

http://www.autovalue.com/index.php?page_id=locations
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gnahc79
    I plan on trying out auto-rx Auto-Rx Engine Cleaner . Recommended by BITOG and no cloud of white smoke to scare the neighbors .

This thread is a bit old but I was wondering if you ever used auto-rx?

I`m using it now in both my 97 Satrun and 92 325I. Compression is up (at last check) 10-15 psi in the Saturn and gas mileage is back to the original 32mpg up from 27.

I`m doing a before and after comp test on both vehicles just to make sure its not a "seat in the pants" improvement and so far its both. Performance has definetly improved in both vehicles. The BMW`s #`s have not been rechecked but definetly will recheck after I get done with the rinse phase. Both vehicles have high mileage of 170K.

Post Thanks / Like
    Iused SF in my 96 C-Silverado and worked great. Now in my 07 GP Cheveron is what goes in. I guess you use whatever works for you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information