Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    As my title says, I`m considering debadging the emblems on my trunklid, only the "ACURA" and "RSX", I still plan on keeping the centered "A". I`m also thinking about putting a red vinyl film over the amber signals. Just curious as to what you guys think, whats your opinion? My car is pretty stock, I`m just considering this because it`s fairly cheap and not to hard. I`m not looking to turn heads with these "mods" if you`ll even call them that, just trying to break my RSX up from the hundreds I see all over the place. Theres a silver one in the town over that did this and it looks really good in person.

Here`s a comparo I saw on CRSX that got me thinking about it (my car is identical to the first pic)...

I`m kinda on the fence with both, so voice your opinions.

THanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    i think debadging the car makes other people think you`re embarrased to be driving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have a civic and de-badged the "civic" and "lx" off (just the H remains). i just like a clean look, and it will save you from cleaning and getting wax in those areas...

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually I like a less busy looking car, less bling the better for me. Your idea really looks good, and in my opinion it makes people look harder at your car trying to figure out what it is! But we all have our own likes and opinions, you have to follow yours and make sure it looks good in your eyes. And a plus side, much easier to detail the paint!
    07 Kia Sportage EX

07 Kia Rio

Dodge Dakota 4 door 4x4

Chrysler 300m Sold

92 Dodge Stealth RT TT Sold

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it`d look nice and a lot less cluttered on the back. And, just like everyone else said, a lot easier to clean around!

My SE-R is debaged except for the Nissan emblem. I did it because people like to come by and steal the SE-R emblems, usually using a screwdriver or some other invasive tools. I figure I rather remove them nicely then have someone yank them off for me taking paint and whatever else along with the badge. Plus I wanna be sneaky and have people think it`s just a normal Sentra
    2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V turbo

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R

Post Thanks / Like
    I removed all my badges on my Integra and I have to say it looks much cleaner and definitely easier to clean around. Bad thing is that I have those dreaded holes in my hatch.
    Devil Pad

Professional Automotive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Denzil
    I removed all my badges on my Integra and I have to say it looks much cleaner and definitely easier to clean around. Bad thing is that I have those dreaded holes in my hatch.

That`s one bad thing about Honda is that they use holes on their badges. I`m glad Nissan doesn`t do that.

Do you have anything plugging the holes?
    2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V turbo

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R

Post Thanks / Like
    Take off the "Acura" and "RSX".

The single "A" in the center keeps everything symettrical (sans the exhaust). Love it.

BTW: Nice composition but your sky is overexposed

Post Thanks / Like
    I say go for it. The debadging makes it look so much smoother and the red signals just clean up the tailights. The amber lenses break them up and it looks so much better all red.
    Mike K
    I know just enough to get me in trouble!

`04 Toyota 4-Runner Sport EditionV8
    `06 Honda Accord LX Special Edition
    `50 Chevy Streetrod - Air Force Blues, 383, 500hp, 540lbft

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the comments/opinions thus far, keep them coming!

I gotta ask my friend`s and family opinion on it too. I`m just worried about the red vinyl not matching up perfect. I`ve seen some pics where it matches, and some where it doesn`t match at all. The guy with the silver RSX in the next town over has his matching perfect, and I`ve seen it in person, he was behind me, not a photograph. Maybe if I see him around I can ask him how he did it. If not it`s too expensive to experiment with.

I guess I gotta watch out for your spec v when I`m in central jersey cute02spec...lol

btw Sean that`s not my car, I "borrowed" the pictures from a member on CRSX.

Post Thanks / Like
    As everyone else said, it is definatley easier to keep clean. I debadged my old Integra and left just the A. It gives it a clean look without all these badges and tags all over the car. Just don`t replace it the A with a H. I know that it is a Honda at heart, but we`re in America and it`s called an Acura.
    2005 BMW 545i, my new baby

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy
    Actually I like a less busy looking car,

X2. I hate tons of badges, signs, plate frames, stickers, labels, etc. It can be such a visual assault, it is just too much. I am a frequent (partial) de-badger.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDaJackal

btw Sean that`s not my car, I "borrowed" the pictures from a member on CRSX.

:lol

I have a client with an RSX...his film matches perfect...I didn`t even know it was so, until I realized they didn`t make the tails without amber. I think a key, as with any film, is to keep it clean, polished, and maintained.

Damn, you sure have me thinking about debadging the "G".

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m all for the red out. On the tC I ended up using red vinyl on reverse lights to give the entire tail a red color. yeah that`s a little illegal, but it looks good!

As for debadging, I would just remove the acura and leave rsx on there

Post Thanks / Like
    Debadging yes, red vinyl no..

I debadged the Infiniti letters from my G35 Coupe trunk lid. Looks much cleaner, and is easier on the wax pads.

IMHO vinyl overlays are trouble unless you get good material that`s perfectly cut from one of the various after market mfg.. or a replacement lens kit is better yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information