Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    xfire, I`m sure the idea sounds fun, but as many said, it`s probably not worth it. As far as mb tuners, Kleeman has just about the best stuff for them, and probably have a supercharger/ecu upgrade that will fit the 320 engine very well. You can`t be asking for forced induction and then start whining about prices these guys charge...gotta pay to play. Possibly sts turbo could help you out as well, their systems are a good solution to tight engine bays without the room for turbos.

Aside from driveline upgrades you`ll have to do to compensate for the extra power, you`ll also likely need to do different fuel injectors, possibly upgraded fuel pump, and may have to find a different either gasket, stud, or o-ring method to make sure you don`t blow a head gasket with all the additional boost you`re shooting into the engine. Then you`ll need a slew of gauges to monitor various parameters.

Buy a faster car and save yourself a ton of headaches/money if you have to go faster..crossfires aren`t that cool

Post Thanks / Like
    you are going to need something like a haltech I assume. you will not pass emissions depending on your state. For example, when I had a standalone (aem ems) on my civic, my deq station gave me an automatic failure because it cannot "communicate" with the obd equipment. just something to think about.

also, you will never be able to sell the car for more than stock (most likely less), also something to think about.

Honolulu, Hawaii, Land of $6-per-gallon milk!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gfunk720
    1- Fabricating the piping will be a PITA and getting it to all fit under your hood with any degree of efficiency is going to take some serious time and a lot of money. 1 turbo would be a big job, 2 turbos would take months of fabrication and testing

2- Many N/A cars do not take well to turbocharging because they are already running pretty high compression. The combination of high compression and forced induction can often put serious strains on the engine. Unless you plan on rebuilding the block as well, you may want to re-consider

3- As others have stated, its not as simple as adding some piping and finding some tuning software that will work. You are much better off starting with and engine that is already turbo/supercharged and upgrading that. I bet you could do an SRT-6 engine swap for much less money and keep your 6 speed gear box

Like Gfunk said, this is going to be a BIG-money undertaking. Much more involved than slapping a turbo kit on an N/A Civic. And as he said, you have to contend with a relatively high N/A C/R. There is a reason why bolt-on turbo kits tend to run relatively low boost (6-8 lbs); if you`re going to run higher boost and make AMG-levels of horsepower with your otherwise stock engine, you`ll have to take apart the engine and run lower-compression pistons. If you`re going twin-turbo to be different, more power to you, but it`ll cost you. Custom manifolds, exhaust, low-comp piston rebuild with metal headgasket, aftermarket ECU (and associated power tuning), fuel system, upgraded cooling system, etc. are all added on the the cost of the turbo system. No wonder this stuff`s expensive!
    "Crush enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women!" - Conan the Barbarian, on what is good in life

Current ride: 1992 Toyota Cressida, last of the great ones, RWD rules, baby!

Post Thanks / Like
    As Gfunk said check the compression first, if it is a higher compression motor youcan`t set the boost very high because of engine knock. Lower boost settings lower performance gains, lot of money for little gain. Try the tornado! (j/k)! I had a TT Stealth and there was a great forum for this car, I`d search and see if you can find one for your car. That is where you will find the answer to your question. Heck I found a forum for people wanting to race Chrysler 300m`s, I`m sure a great car like the Crossfire will a forum. Also, don`t they offer a supercharged Crossfire from the factory?
    07 Kia Sportage EX

07 Kia Rio

Dodge Dakota 4 door 4x4

Chrysler 300m Sold

92 Dodge Stealth RT TT Sold

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information