Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Synthetic Oil

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by STG
    Mobil is a group IV PAO FULL, REAL, TRUE, etc. synthetic. Call them up and ask to speak to one of their engineers.

As far as Amsoil is concerned, I refuse to put any oil not certified by API in any of my vehicles. If you read Amsoil`s marketing hype, you will find that theit oils are "made" to or "meet" API specifications. They do not have the API seal on the bottle. Amsoil claims they don`t want to pay for API testing.

The fact is Mobil 1 has been around for years, is a true PAO full synthetic, is made by a reputable refiner, and is factory fill in many of the world`s exotic cars.

Problem here is your trust the API to much. I have used Amsoil for years and done very well. I dislike the marketing but they sell oil. Api for me, means nothing and never will. You can make an oil meet APi specs then fall flat on there face.

Based on some gas testing Mobil is not a POA as noted. I have called there CS people and they are rude and do not understand oils. Anyone can read "typical" PR stuff on a screen to anyone on the phone.

Mobil is good but they are ridding Amsoil since the 1970`s. How many times does mobil need to try the extended drains. If you have used this oil, along with others and it provides the best UOA (in all areas) then you should use it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mburnickas

Based on some gas testing Mobil is not a POA as noted. I have called there CS people and they are rude and do not understand oils. Anyone can read "typical" PR stuff on a screen to anyone on the phone.

What "gas testing" are you referring to?

Why is it that Amsoil users feel such a need and are so driven to attack Mobil? For the sake of those that truly would like to learn something from this thread can we tone down the rhetoric from the never ending oil debates.

Can you provide an authoritative resource to back up that claim that Mobil 1 is not a PAO synthetic...

Post Thanks / Like
    Good god! No matter what forum I visit these oil threads just don`t die

If you really want to jump on each others throats about it try the Bob Is The Oil Guy forum and get schooled by people who REALLY know what they are talking about,

OR run your car with an oil of your choice for a 3-5k and then get an oil analysis done at Blackstone Laboratories and figure it out for yourself for your particular car, that way you avoid the sales pitches, the hard ball tactics and the forum oil trolls :geez

Notice no brand in this post. I know what I use, it works great and I am keeping its name to myself. You figure yours out for yourself

Breath...breath....breath...breath...ok i`m calm now

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rjstaaf
    What "gas testing" are you referring to?

Why is it that Amsoil users feel such a need and are so driven to attack Mobil? For the sake of those that truly would like to learn something from this thread can we tone down the rhetoric from the never ending oil debates.

Can you provide an authoritative resource to back up that claim that Mobil 1 is not a PAO synthetic...

No clue since I do not use either oil anylonger. I have used both oils and contacted both CS people on many issues/converns. When I talked to them, Mobil, they need to go back to basics on how too treat their customers I feel.

I play both sides as I have posted. All I know is what was read on many forums about Mobil PAO based. Problem with most threads it comes down to non facts.

Again as I have stated since I only have been testing my oils for 14 years, find the best that works good for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yal
    Good god! No matter what forum I visit these oil threads just don`t die

If you really want to jump on each others throats about it try the Bob Is The Oil Guy forum and get schooled by people who REALLY know what they are talking about,

OR run your car with an oil of your choice for a 3-5k and then get an oil analysis done at Blackstone Laboratories and figure it out for yourself for your particular car, that way you avoid the sales pitches, the hard ball tactics and the forum oil trolls :geez

Notice no brand in this post. I know what I use, it works great and I am keeping its name to myself. You figure yours out for yourself

Breath...breath....breath...breath...ok i`m calm now

Problem is take BITOG posts as face value. Too many sales people and and lack of certain things. Look at there add forum. It is overrun and try to post anything not pro certain products? The site was a LOT better then Bob owned it I feel. Blackstone is okay at best I feel. Their prices are too high for what you get. There are other UOA people that are cheaper and better.

Post Thanks / Like
    All I know is BITOG is a good place to visit if you want to be totally confused about what fluids to put in your vehicle. I asked for a recommendation on coolant and I think a war erupted over DEXCOOL this and ethylene glycol that...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by truzoom
    All I know is BITOG is a good place to visit if you want to be totally confused about what fluids to put in your vehicle. I asked for a recommendation on coolant and I think a war erupted over DEXCOOL this and ethylene glycol that...

nothing new and ding ding ( Iagree)....I have also asked simple questions and the clowns come on in and take over..............That is one reason why I do not post much there. I just think it is forum for product salesman to pimp products and the owner/mods only allows pro threads or comments to exist. If you do not agree, watch out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure you clean out your engine real good before your next oil change. Use some engine scrub if you want to get the maximum benefits from your oil.

Engine Scrub - $9.99 : KaleCoAuto, Hard to find automotive items!

If you`re really serious about taking care of your oil, then also consider their engine oil bypass kit to keep your oil cooler and cleaner.

Engine Oil Bypass Kit - $49.95 : KaleCoAuto, Hard to find automotive items!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information