Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Synthetic Oil

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by victory
    I`m using Amsoil ATM 10w30 in my buick. Those supercharged 3800`s do get on the toasty side (especially after i do the pully drop this summer) so i`m for all the protection i can get. I`m gonna get some LC20 and give it a try. Still waiting for an answer on using it in my Amsoil ATF.

Same reason I decided to use Redline instead of M1 in my Impala SS. I wasn`t too pleased that M1 5W30 now only meets ACEA A1 ratings. Haven`t had a chance to add LC yet due to low miles but it`s going in immediately after the recommended wait period. Using M1 may not be that big a deal but I`m not going to chance it, especially after the mods I have planned.
    You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.

-Eric Hoffer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by victory
    I`m using Amsoil ATM 10w30 in my buick. Those supercharged 3800`s do get on the toasty side (especially after i do the pully drop this summer) so i`m for all the protection i can get. I`m gonna get some LC20 and give it a try. Still waiting for an answer on using it in my Amsoil ATF.

You can use it in the ATF per the bottle. Also when running in engine oil first few times, it will turn oil black in about 5 miles.

Also I would run 2 oz per qt all the time. Not 1.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mburnickas
    You can use it in the ATF per the bottle. Also when running in engine oil first few times, it will turn oil black in about 5 miles.

Also I would run 2 oz per qt all the time. Not 1.

In that case i may wait. I just put in fresh amsoil 2 days ago. I don`t want to have to change it again for a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can add Lc20 at any time. It does improve it all around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Won`t i have to change the oil after the initial dose? I figure if it cleans things out enough to turn the oil black that stuff that breaks loose is gunking up your filter and oil, no? Or just don`t worry about it?

Post Thanks / Like
    No, engine oil if bad (sludge, carbon etc) Lc20 will turn then into liquid. Then it will filter down as much as it can (micron) and then rest is used to reduce wear. Yup, it turns these into ways to lube more, and lower wear rates. Ask Terry on how it works since that is how I get it. He posts on Bob`s site it you want to look for it. Oh...here you go!

http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/...=004295#000000

PLus going by oil color is not really the best way here. I know my oil is black right now and was black the last drain. Oil comes back good. I would just add in 2oz per qt engine oil and then every 1,000 miles add another 2oz, not 1. Then I would change oil at normal interval (as you normally) do and get it tested by whoever. Then see how it looks.

Post Thanks / Like
    right then, i`m ordering.

Post Thanks / Like
    Spam removed. -- Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow s2000
    Spam removed. -- Tort

And what makes this site different then the other MLM`s from Amsoil?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mobil-1 that`s all you need. Porsche fills all their cars with it and is needed for Vario-Cam to work correctly.

Besides, my first service for my Porsche?......20K miles!

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not know if I buy that. Mobil 1 is good but I would take Amosil or Redline over that. For that matter, I would pull some UOA and see what is good in your car.

Post Thanks / Like
    isn`t Mobil 1 no longer fully synthetic?

... or so I`ve been hearing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paul34

Don`t believe everything you hear

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paul34

Mobil is a group IV PAO FULL, REAL, TRUE, etc. synthetic. Call them up and ask to speak to one of their engineers.

As far as Amsoil is concerned, I refuse to put any oil not certified by API in any of my vehicles. If you read Amsoil`s marketing hype, you will find that theit oils are "made" to or "meet" API specifications. They do not have the API seal on the bottle. Amsoil claims they don`t want to pay for API testing.

The fact is Mobil 1 has been around for years, is a true PAO full synthetic, is made by a reputable refiner, and is factory fill in many of the world`s exotic cars.

Boutique products may be great for detailing. If one doesn`t work, try a different brand. I refuse to experiment with oil that isn`t API certified. Especially when a replacement engine for my F250 diesel costs somewhere around $14,000.

(In regards to an earlier post on this thread: Mazda in fact DOES NOT recommend synthetic oil for their ROTARY engines. The reason is rooted in the fact that rotary engines are desiged to burn/use oil. )

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanski

Besides, my first service for my Porsche?......20K miles!

Deanski

Don`t worry! I`m sure your first service at 20K will cost more than all the 0 to 20K services on my 2004 Mach1, 2005 Subaru Legacy GT ans 2005 F250 Powerstroke 4 X 4 combined!:woohoo:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information