Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Synthetic Oil

Post Thanks / Like
    Brands I recommend: Pennzoil Platinum(same as mobil 1), mobil 1, german castrol syntec 0w30(can only get it at autozone, see bobistheoilguy for label, amsoil(anything but their xl fake synthetic line), and redline oils.

All oils are synthetic, and will work great in your application. Just make sure to extend your intervals to double the oil requirements or do what i do, change every 6 months, 7500 miles.
    18 Honda Civic SI White Pearl 6mt(:lever

02 Honda Aquatrax f12x watercraft

01 Yamaha Superjet Modded

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by drewski59
    mrburnickas, do you mean Lube Control?? Just wondering.

I picked up a few SLOB bottles at Big Lots and am looking forward to using them.

Yes sir, Lube Control products: aka LCD..

So far I love the Lc20 and FP60.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by victory
    I use Lube Control FP60 as a feul additive every so often. Better and way cheaper than techron.

I don`t use their LC20 as the amsoil additive package doesn`t really need any help, but i don`t see where with would hurt if you use dino oil.

Using Lc20 in Amsoil ASL

All my wears dropped from 0 to 59%, OXD and Nox dropped 45.83 to 38.25% and my TBN went up 26%.. Also ZDDP was up 8.29% and 11.9%. All this will cleaning…not bad.

I would agree if I never tested my oil, but after 4 years of running Amsoil in this car, Amsoil ASL needs help. Lc20 will help this oil and any oil. I would concer with oil testing and you will clearly see the advantage;

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaguy2582
    Brands I recommend: Pennzoil Platinum(same as mobil 1), mobil 1, german castrol syntec 0w30(can only get it at autozone, see bobistheoilguy for label, amsoil(anything but their xl fake synthetic line), and redline oils.

How are PP and M1 the same? PP has an EOP base and M1 a PAO.
    You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.

-Eric Hoffer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by W8liftr
    How are PP and M1 the same? PP has an EOP base and M1 a PAO.

+1

No way are they the same

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF
    +1

No way are they the same

+2

Similar performance, sure. But definitely not the same!
    Life is just too short to drive a substandard vehicle...

Post Thanks / Like
    no mention of royal purple`s sythetics?

or Lucas`s full synthetics?

http://www.lucasoil.com/products/dis...tid=3&loc=show

I would also take bobistheoilguy info with a grain of salt, in addition to anyone`s personal anecdotal account. A lot of people operate on heresay on this subject with no personal experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    BITOG is full of technical experts in the world of lubrication, but also has many opinionated people who just have brand loyalty...

They have run many Used Oil Analyses on pretty much every oil out there, and have evidence of a certain oil`s performance...

Royal Purple is not thought of as a `true` full synthetic on BITOG, but you`d have to look there for the reason because frankly I haven`t researched that oil.

I don`t see too many people who use Lucas for their oil needs, however their Upper Cylinder Lubricant is an excellent fuel additive, and from my own experience I`ve gained about 1.5mpg with it!

Post Thanks / Like
    exactly, and BITOG has nothing nice to say about Lucas. Oil analysis and personal experience are the only ways to go...

Post Thanks / Like
    sweet,

I think I`m going to start with synthetic oils then, probably mobile 1. I`d like to try some of that lc20 and fp60... where do you buy that?
    metload1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by metload1
    sweet,

I think I`m going to start with synthetic oils then, probably mobile 1. I`d like to try some of that lc20 and fp60... where do you buy that?

What OCI are you looking to do?? Mobil 1 itself is good for 10k if you change the filter in the middle or use the Mobil 1 EP filter...and if you add LC20 to the mix, then you should have no problem reaching the 15k mark, granted your engine is well maintained

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by metload1
    sweet,

http://www.lubecontrol.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mburnickas
    Using Lc20 in Amsoil ASL

All my wears dropped from 0 to 59%, OXD and Nox dropped 45.83 to 38.25% and my TBN went up 26%.. Also ZDDP was up 8.29% and 11.9%. All this will cleaning…not bad.

I would agree if I never tested my oil, but after 4 years of running Amsoil in this car, Amsoil ASL needs help. Lc20 will help this oil and any oil. I would concer with oil testing and you will clearly see the advantage;

Interesting. I always thought amsoil had one of the better additive packages out there (I guess they do, but the LC is even better). Have you used it in your ATF at all?

Post Thanks / Like
    I know my car (Lexus ES300) with the sludge engine is very stressful on oils. It is not a sludge engine per say (I have valve cover pics etc) but the EGR does run overtime and it does product higher heat loads. All this makes the oil run in OT.

I am also running there ASL which is there cheapest PAO oil. I know there series 3000 would be more shear stable etc, but LC does the better and cheaper.

I am still using Amsoil ATF in the tranny. No LC20 yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m using Amsoil ATM 10w30 in my buick. Those supercharged 3800`s do get on the toasty side (especially after i do the pully drop this summer) so i`m for all the protection i can get. I`m gonna get some LC20 and give it a try. Still waiting for an answer on using it in my Amsoil ATF.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information