Post Thanks / Like
    I purchased a 94 Integra. The previous owner lowered the suspension like 1 1/2` and put 19` rims in it. It`s kinda bumpy and i was wondering if i need new shocks. And i wanna know the estimate.

Post Thanks / Like
    well, i have the paper work from a local car shop. They lowered it 1.5` with lowering kit. Does that mean the kit comes with lowering springs and shocks with it?

CIXELSYD
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, not necessarily . . . some people ignore shocks all together. Are you having symptoms of blown shocks or struts? Bouncing? Body roll? Sagging or swaying? Bumpy ride quality is not indicative of bad shocks – lowering 1.5†with 19" wheels is.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bounce once in a while but not really (it causes my cd player to pause in middle of songs), no body roll. What`s sagging and swaying?

What are the symtoms of blown struts?

Post Thanks / Like
    First thing is to get rid of the 19" wheels. That sure won`t help the ride any and they are probbaly slowing you down and wearing out the brakes. If you push down on the car and it keeps going up and down the struts are gone. He could of lowered it with springs and never changed the shocks so you will want to do that if that is the case. Go with something like Tokico Blues if you just want a good shock. If you want something really good for some track days go with Koni`s or Tokico adjustables. The other thing you want to do is find out what springs he used to lower it. If he used cheap no name brand Ebay springs you may as well change those too.

Post Thanks / Like
    You might want to consider taking your Integra to a good `ol boys suspension shop and have them go over the entire suspension and see what was done right and what was half-a**ed. A properly lowered vehicle, while often sportier in ride than OEM, should not ride like bricks unless done incorrectly. Also, 19" wheels with what I`m guessing result in somewhere around 30-series onion skins are hardly capable of absorbing much, so the ride quality will be compromised.

Danase brought up another good point- rollin` on huge honkers might sound fun, but adding weight and rolling resistance to the most crucial rolling component of your car has twice the resulting negative effects. Your braking distance as well as wear will be greatly increased without proper pad/caliper/rotor upgrades. Also, your fuel mileage is likely to suffer (is your speedometer off also?) Good luck!
    2002 Mustang GT

Thread Information