Thread: Tinting Pricing

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys does anyone know how much it would cost to get my car tinted. Its a 1997 mazda 626 (4 door). Im looking for a shop in the newmarket maybe barrie area. I think theres a place called "Formula One" that ive read is pretty good. Thanks for the help and sorry if i posted this in the wrong place or if this has already been covered.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Protege and Maxima cost $175 each to have 4 doors and the rear window tinted with 20% Llumar tint, with a lifetime warranty. I`ve seen other places with prices as high as $325 for the same thing.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey man thanks for the quick reply! That sounds like you got a very reasonable price, where abouts did you have your cars tinted? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Sunbusters Auto Tinting in Milwaukee, WI.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Back in CA (Sacto) I found a guy who did this at home part time and did a great job on my Z. He charged about half what stores wanted and gave me a great warranty (forgot what it was at the moment, but better than the stores). Back then it was called double limo. What my point is, maybe find an independent instead of a store.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also got all four windows and rear window done on my Grand Prix 5% for $225 with lifetime warranty. Also I got the llumar, awesome tint - I highly reccomend it. Also, if the installer asks if you want to pay more for a whole sheet on the back window instead of doing 2 seperate pieces, do it. I had this done on both my firebird and grand prix, better than killing yourself over seeing the line. However, also depends how good the installer is. Good luck! :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey thanks guys, i think ill take my car to a shop.. i just need to find one or i like the idea John said to find an independent guy. That just may be hard to do.

I tinted 2 of my windows on my own the last couple days and honestly they dont look all that bad, but i just think that a shop would do it way better and it would last longer. Also i dont think i would be able to do the back window so i planned on taking it to a shop anyways. Does anyone know of a shop in the GTA(preferably north of the city in the newmarket area) that would do it for a decent price? Im a student and have many other plans for my car but im on a bit of a budget. I mean i have enough to get a nice tint job but i would like to save as much as i can so i could buy other things i have in mind (lowering springs, cold air intake, and hopefully some 17" rims!)

Thanks for the replies guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    I got my car tinted at a formula one dealer. I got their Ultimate tint, 2 door coupe, front windshield strip down to the as1 line = 210
    2009 Montego Blue BMW 335i :woot2:

Thread Information