Post Thanks / Like

Web re-design what do you think?

www.ddetail.com/beta

I have changed my website around a few times in the past year, and i finally have a design that i am satisfied with.

The only links that are updated and fully functional are the homepage and the about us pages. and those really have no content on them, they are just re-built with the template. I will be finishing it up over the next 2 weeks, but for now, what do you think of the general design/layout.

Thanks
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Web re-design what do you think?

It`s nice, especially the menu. I assuming you`re not done, of course, but I`m not in favor of the centered text on the main page. If you want the "homie" look, it`s fine.

Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Web re-design what do you think?

Oh yeah, I just dumped that text onto there as a place holder. If you go to autopia-carcare.com you can see where i took it from. I was on the phone with david talking shop, and i happened to see that cool holiday .gif, and i had to just drop it onto the page.

I am not sure how i want to throw the content onto the main page, but you can bet it wont be centered text!!

Post Thanks / Like

Where did you find the format for your page? Look`s great!

Post Thanks / Like

WOW, very nice.
    2000 Ford Explorer XLT
    Alpine CDM-9803/Alpine MRP-F306/Crossfire TEK 35.2/Stock Speakers/JL Audio 10W3D2
    MODS: 31" BFG AT/KO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vdubbya
    Where did you find the format for your page? Look`s great!
    I created it 100% from scratch. the only things borrowed on it are the Happy Holidays thing, and i took the idea for the Convienence - satisfaction text block graphic from a different detailing website. The backgrounds are my design, all of the graphics are done inhouse, and all of the content will be too (it is tough work getting it right.... ..who am i kidding it will never be right)

Post Thanks / Like

Look good but I have a problem with the text on the packages page not remaining after I mouse off the package name. I rarely have my browser windows set large enough to view that entire page and therefore must scroll. Hard to scroll to read the text when moving the mouse changes the text. But the look is nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, maybe I missed it but I want to see the before shots not just the finished product. From a marketing perspective, before shots are just as important if not more. Secondly, what does 100% satisfaction guarantee mean? Everybody claims to have this guarantee, so what, big deal. Really most people will look at it and not look at it again. You need to define what this means to the client. Your GUARANTEE is with out question the most influencial piece on your website AND EVERY MARKETING PIECE YOU DO. You absolutely have to gain the trust of people you are trying to get business from. I own my own carpet cleaning business. On every piece of marketing I do, I always put these words. "If its not the best carpet cleaning you have ever had, you don`t owe me one dime". It works. Im good at what I do, I`ve never ever had someone ask for there money back. So which company would you choose, the one that says 100% satisfaction or if your not thrilled with our work you don`t pay? I would put a tab for "Our Guarantee" at the top of the board. First and foremost. If they like the guarantee, odds are they will keep reading.

I like the testimonials section. People will always believe what others say about you before they believe you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dalmore
    Look good but I have a problem with the text on the packages page not remaining after I mouse off the package name. I rarely have my browser windows set large enough to view that entire page and therefore must scroll. Hard to scroll to read the text when moving the mouse changes the text. But the look is nice.
    Yes, That page is getting completly revamped. Basicly what i wanted feedback on was the home page layout. Everything else that is under that in the structure is still being re-built. Re-design takes some time, and i really dont have alot of it! I will post up when i have that specific page done, since i know it is an important one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hartman
    Well, maybe I missed it but I want to see the before shots not just the finished product. From a marketing perspective, before shots are just as important if not more. Secondly, what does 100% satisfaction guarantee mean? Everybody claims to have this guarantee, so what, big deal. Really most people will look at it and not look at it again. You need to define what this means to the client. Your GUARANTEE is with out question the most influencial piece on your website AND EVERY MARKETING PIECE YOU DO. You absolutely have to gain the trust of people you are trying to get business from. I own my own carpet cleaning business. On every piece of marketing I do, I always put these words. "If its not the best carpet cleaning you have ever had, you don`t owe me one dime". It works. Im good at what I do, I`ve never ever had someone ask for there money back. So which company would you choose, the one that says 100% satisfaction or if your not thrilled with our work you don`t pay? I would put a tab for "Our Guarantee" at the top of the board. First and foremost. If they like the guarantee, odds are they will keep reading.

I like the testimonials section. People will always believe what others say about you before they believe you.
    I nte gallery, there are a TON of before and afters. Some of the cars there are only after shots due to eithe weather, lighting, ammount of film left on the roll, etc... but mostly there are all before and after.

Thanks for the suggestion on the Satisfaction thing. I will work with that line and make it more user friendly like you have had success with. I really appreciate that bit of info!!

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

How were you able to create the "price" page that adds everything up? I haven`t had a site designed yet but I`m looking to have one done by spring. Can that be bought on some software?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vdubbya
    How were you able to create the "price" page that adds everything up? I haven`t had a site designed yet but I`m looking to have one done by spring. Can that be bought on some software?
    I wrote the code for that myself. You are more than welcome to take it and have it modified to fit your needs. If you are having a professional design your page, they will be able to clean up my code, and make it even better. If you are doing it yourself, i can help you with it and we can customize my code to work with your options and packages and pricing. It is relatively simple now that it is all written and all of the grunt work is done for it.

Post Thanks / Like

"tpgsr", that would be great but I`m not "computer friendly". I am however going to have a page made-up soon. My neighbor is going to give me a hand at building one to suit my needs. If you`re not going anywhere I`ll contact you when the time comes if that is OK? Thank`s for the offer and support.

Post Thanks / Like

Good and professional, but the plural goes without apostrophe: NOT Mitsubishi`s, but Mitsubishis!!!

Thread Information