Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marketing Idea

Post Thanks / Like

Marketing Idea

Last night I was at home brainstorming and Iv`e come up with another Idea to spread the word about detailing services. I contacted my local floral shop here is what I did I asked the owner If I dropped off a stack of coupons advertising express wash and waxes for $25.00 would she allow her delivery driver to put a coupon with each delivery. In turn I would wash her co vehicle 1 time per month for free. She liked the Idea so I figured why not try it out. Let me know what you guys think.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marketing Idea

Great idea. Glad things are working out for ya. However, I would charge more, just IMO
    "Life isnt like a bowl of cherries or peaches....its more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow!"

Post Thanks / Like

The idea is great, I give freebies to a number of business owners in exchange for them selling my details, ie. handing out cards, etc. What I do is give them a free full service detail every 3-4 months and they spread the word and tell the people to mention their name when they call me for a 10% discount. Never underestimate the power of a good freebie. I also do this to regular customers by giving free wash, QD, vac. and interior dress, and tire dressing (~ $60-75) packages every once in a while. They appreciate me rewarding their loyalty and in turn tell their friends. Everyone wins!

Post Thanks / Like

If these are leading to full details then I would be all over it, however at 25 bucks, travel time and all I wonder how many of these a day you could fit in.

It is a great idea to co-market with other business`s

Good Luck!
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Take one from the Donald. Play Golf. You`ll never have a more concentrated group of successful people with disposable income than on a golf course. I`m also giving away details in every golf tourny I can find as a prize. (Closest to pin, longest drive, etc)

Post Thanks / Like

Beemerboy, There won`t be in travel time involved. The customer will be required to bring the car into the shop. I figure 30 minutes per wash 45 min tops.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tooklean
    Beemerboy, There won`t be in travel time involved. The customer will be required to bring the car into the shop. I figure 30 minutes per wash 45 min tops.
    Wow, how can you give quality in that time frame doing what you are advertising? :dunno If I understand you correctly you will wash and wax for $25 and do it in this time frame? Sorry, not knocking the idea, just that you need to evaluate more how you are going about it.
    "Life isnt like a bowl of cherries or peaches....its more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow!"

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like

be prepared for a zillion calls at that price. The worst part about undercutting everybody in town like that is that you may generate volume that you can`t accomodate. If this is a part time deal or just a hobby, then I wouldn`t advertise a wild sale like that unless you are prepared for as many calls as you send out coupons. $25 for what you are offering is at least half of what any detailer I know would charge for that service. You may get a lot of really neglected cars that are going to take you two hours to handle or something like that. I guess if they give you referals then it is a good thing, but they will be refering the cheapest detailer in town. You don`t necessarily want everybody expecting a $25 detail. Charge what you are worth and not a dime more or less. That is my motto anyway. I stopped detailing professionaly because nobody can afford what I`m worth.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys sorry for the miscommunication its for express wash & wax you know traditional hand wash and a good spray on wax that you can use while the car is still wet any suggestions regarding a quick wax I could use that gives good results ?

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like

"quik waxes" by definition aren`t going to give the kind of results that people are really going to notice or want to pay for. They offer minimal protection and do little more than add a very temporary shine to an already clean car. Four Star`s Spray Wax is a good choice if you want a good one with carnauba in it. Its really not going to act like a wax for very long. You would probably have to clarify that it is a spray wax that you are using and not call it a `hand wax` or anything. Truth in advertising is very important.

Post Thanks / Like

Is she cute?

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking about this, I would have approached this by giving the florist coupons for a 30 or 40% off on full details since you have a store front. You could adjust the cost based on the condition of the car.
    I think as FUZZ stated that you might be setting yourself up for a headache that you do not want.

If you do go threw with it then I would look at a huge filler wax so to mask the swirls that you might be up against. The kind of stuff that car dealerships use. Starbrite seems to be popular with the local guys here. I did a Corvette that had it on and once I got the car washed and clayed you could really see the swirls

Good Luck!
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

25 bucks? Are you crazy?! I mean, some top car washes charge 25 for their "showstopper" car wash. I hope you don`t get labeled as a cheap*ss or someone who doesn`t do quality work. IMO, I think it would be better to charge 40-50 or what others are charging. Sometimes charging not enough sends the wrong message as it would being too expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with your idea. I hope it works out well.

Sprayway makes an aerosol wax spray. I`ve never used it, so I`m not recommending it. Just thought it might be what you`re looking for. Here is what their brouchure says...

No. 703 Wax & Shine. A specially formulated product that
    contains Carnauba Wax and DuPont ZONYL®. It is specially
    formulated for today’s clear-coat finishes providing a deep, lustrous
    shine while protecting at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t like it and heres why. You have no idea who will be getting your marketing piece. What happens if the flowers end up going to a trailer park all day. Do they really have the money pay someone to clean there car? In marketing you must TARGET the people you want to work for. Here is what I would do. Take whatever flyer or piece you have and go put them on doors to the wealthiest neighborhoods you can find. $300,000 homes and up. Why? They can afford to pay someone to detail there car. They have money, more than likely. Your chances of success are much greater this way then handing them to a floral shop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information