Thread: My new brochure

Post Thanks / Like

My new brochure

I came up with this brochure today with updated services and prices. It`s in three columns as I`ll be making them trifold. Fell free to critique the heck out of it. I`m a newbie to the business aspect.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My new brochure

Ok PB here goes

It doesn`t look like you have that much information for a tri fold unless you putting pictures in or have other text your adding later.
    The numbers beside each step are kind of distracting to me . Jazz it up alittle maybe with some color and different fonts. How about some info about yourself , maybe some history about your detailing skills or just something in general . Your goals about the services your going to proform for your customers , I`m just throwing out ideas but you get jest of it . Good luck
    Good things are not cheap, and cheap things are seldom good !

Post Thanks / Like

Pros:
    I like your bulleted list showing the advantages / reasons for having a detail done. It might make people stop and consider having it done . . . it`s not just for car freaks kind of thing.
    I might add a bullet: * Protects your investment

Cons:
    The price for the "Complete Detail" seems to basically combine the exterior and interior detail packages, yet it costs more than the 2 priced seperately when added together. Shouldn`t there be some kind of incentive pricing to get customers up-buy?

Just my 2-cents. I`m trying to be constructive, not critical.

I think this part (marketing) can be a lot tougher than the actual car work!

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. This is a very rough copy, and I didn`t take the time to make the package deals make sense price wise. I`m taking each of your suggestions and implementing them right now .

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn`t put the prices as one of the numbers either.

For example, you give a list of 4 or 5 things that you perform, then you list number 6 as a price. Give the service a name (like "Basic Wash and Wax" or similar) then either list all the things that are performed for that service with either numbers or bullets.

Good luck!

I love silicone !! Hawaiianelement's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Aloha P&B ,great job for a rough copy. The only thing I see is that you`re really giving alot of service for the price.Wow, sealant on all the rims . Sounds like you really want your customers to be happy and get repeat business or you`re outdoing the other guys by giving more service for the same price.

Are you going to be working alone ? You`re going to get busy real fast . And you will be using paint sealant and wax on the full details. That`s alot . Why not use the sealant as a upgrade or make a seperate pkg called the protection pkg or something where you apply sealant and scothguard to all the fabric and add $100 or so . Just a suggestion .I know nothing about your detailing market out there in GA . On the bottom of my price list I have Ala Carte items

Paint sealant $40
    Engine clean and dress $30
    Steam clean carpets $ 40

All reasonably priced for Hawaii. Good luck with your business . Aloha , Jon
    04 Honda Element-Mobile Detailing
    02 BMW 325Ci Tit. Slvr. Sprt,Prem.
    05 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Red Magma

Mod Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey there. That is a good start. I`m working on a brochure also. Do you mind if I move some things around and post my ideas?

Edit I have a revised copy done. I can post when you say the word. I didn`t change the scope of you services. We can talk about your service plan ideas and reformat as needed. I can also send you a copy of my brochure. I created the brochure in word too. Nothing fancy.

Where`s the Who, Where, and When info?

Post Thanks / Like

Scrub, feel free to post your revised copy and your brochure. I really appreciate your help! As for the personal info, I really didn`t want to put that in yet. For now I`m just focusing on services.

Thanks again!

Mod Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Take a look.
    The first is major revision(porkanbeansflyer). The blanks on this one can be filled with the Who, Where and When info.
    The second is simply moving stuff around(attachment2).
    The third attachment is a copy of my new(only) flyer.

Let me know what you think. It`s a very simple base model sort of flyer. Like I said before it`s nothing fancy. I used word and not some publishing program. I just wanted to get some of my thoughts on paper and in front of my friends for comments. Please keep in mind I`m not an artist nor marketing executive. If you see room for improvement with my flyer let me know. I`d really appreciate that too.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Your brochure looks awesome and has catchy phrases in it. Very creative. As for the one you revised for me, I couldn`t be happier. The format is perfect and it`s easy to read. I think I`ll just put in my personal info and head on down to Kinkos! Thanks a bunch!

Mod Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Um thanks! If you have anything you want add let me know I can help you out. There is still some prime real estate to use on yours. I didn`t want to change you services around. I can work more later. I`ll be visiting the in-laws in Hotlanta (like I mentioned on Meguiar`s). Let me know.

You don`t think my example was to wordy? I`m working on a newer version right now. I`ve revamped the whole concept of my flyer. I`m giving more options to clients rather than having a couple of packages with services they don`t want. I`ll show you later.

Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

In my own opinion from my own experiences, you keep the fact that your prices vary very open. I think its good to let a customer know that there are certain circumstances when the price of a service may be raised if they apply, but at the same time you dont want some one looking at your flier to think youre going to upsell them when they call. I know for a fact, Ill hang up on someone if I feel Im being upsold. Just my 2 cents. Your main purpose should be to make them want to call you. Ask yourself this, Do you look twice at things that catch your eye? I hope this helps

Thread Information