Post Thanks / Like

Detailed 1st RV-20 hours!!!

Wished it was not so overcast, however, I think you get the point...if it had been more sun, these pics would have been awesome...Check out some!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    more...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Opinions...if you look at the first pic, you can see my mail box in front of the driver side.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that the Fuzz Luv wagon? :rolling
    Last edited by ron`s; 09-27-2004 at 05:35 PM.
    Ron

Ron`s Dent`s & Details

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ron`s
    Is that the Fuzz Luv wagon? :rolling

by the way that 20 hours is exterior only....
    Last edited by Luv-N-It; 09-27-2004 at 06:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking good. Tha is a whole lot of real estate.

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?
    Done, or Done right? You decide.
    Score early, Score often.
    You can not win from the penalty box.
    You can not score from the penalty box.

Post Thanks / Like
    Man that looks like a lot of work ... bet you were sore after that one!
    Looks great!

2002 Chevrolet Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great-that`s a lot of work!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the comments. Yes, it was allot of work and yes...I was sore, but thanks to the wife for helping me out on this!!!

Help, I wanna be a proton
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do a lot of RV`s. I know what I would charge for that, and that it would only take me about 4-5 hours. I was wondering what you charged, and how the price was received? For 20 hours I would have to charge close to $1200 to make it worth my while.

Scooter

Post Thanks / Like
    This particular rv, had never been waxed or detailed. Therefore, I spent three hours in prep/washing to get it ready for wax.

I washed the roof, cleaned the air conditioning vents, removed all black spots (common with campers-takes allot of time-thanks wife!), cleaned all exterior vinyl railing back to new, windows, and so on-a detail! Guess what I`m saying this was not a wash and wax! With that said I could have done it in 4-5 hours just doing that.

I`m sure you have it down to "detailing" rv`s in that time frame, but this one could not have been done in that time frame. When I detial, anything, I give the customer what he pays for-I push for a complete detail because my reputation and quality of work is a stake. The last thing I want to do is have a guy want a $50 detail and it still not be up to "my" standards, ya know.

I take the customer to the item being detailed, show him what needs done and what I`ll do, then quote him my price. If he does not like my price, well at least he knows what I was going to do. If he does like my price, he knows what he is paying for and why I am charging what I am charging.

So...with some rv`s, especially those in the $400,000-closer to million range, I can see very easily where one will get $1,200. Especially if someone is spending that kind of cabbage for something like that, they will spend the money to keep it that way-maintenace.

No, I didn`t charge anywhere close that amount of $1,200, although, I should have charged triple what I got paid I hope to pick up more and charge more since the rv people flock together. I asked the guy not to tell anyone what he was charged and find me more to do and let my work be an advertisement or a rolling billboard I know I will at least pick up 2 or 3.

Any good ideas have you learned through the years doing rv`s to save time-thanks?

Help, I wanna be a proton
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm, I do all of that. A lot of time sthough we will one step it. The last RV we did, a week ago was a repaint, and it was a very good job, so it was easy. We were in and out in 2.5 hours with two of us working.
    The way we do it is we have one guy pressure wash it, and the other guy brush it, right behind him, doing a section at a time. We do use DI water so that it will dry spot free. After that is all done, we go and treat all of the rubber, including the tires, and the areas around the windows. We prefer teh Stoners trim shine products for this, but have not tried anything else in years. The reason we do it this way is because it cuts down on wax removal from unwanted areas. Then we start using a PC on it, and one guy applies the chemical and the other guy removes with a microfiber. Often we will one step it, but if we do have to compound it, we do it the same way. We then go aorund after all is said and done we clean teh windows with a microfiber and make triple sure there is no wax left on it. We do not treat rubber roofs for our base price, but we do clean them. But then every one has their own standard of what a quality job is, and my customers are EXTREMELY satisfied with the work that I do.

Scooter

Post Thanks / Like
    cool. thanks for the advice and product info. i guess when i say 20 hours...i am saying two people from set-up to equipment put away and going home 10 hours each.

wow, sure would like to find some more that only takes 2 people 2.5 hours!!!

Thread Information