Post Thanks / Like

For those who have used the Klasse twins

and another product on gel coat (rv) could you tell me what you noticed to be different? looking to see if there is something else I should be considering.
    Just how important is it to use a product that is formulated for gel coat?? and I guess I really need to get straight on if fiberglass and gel coat fiberglass are different with regard to products that should be used.

If anyone has a glass car do you use only products that state they are for fiberglass or if you detail glass cars-Corvetts, kit cars-what do you use/why???

As always, tnks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: For those who have used the Klasse twins

maybe its too early for me, but having trouble sorting out exactly what you`re asking

I`ve used klasse AIO in the past on gelcoat (boats) as KAIO is approved for marine use. it worked well on gelcoat in good shape just in need of a spring cleanup. anything heavier than that and I reach for something else. I don`t top with the klasse sealant glaze though. usually something from collinite

for cleaner wax / AIO type products on gelcoat (again - boats) I use xmt360 or PB polish with carnauba (white). the 360 seems to have more bite, but it is not as friendly to work with in direct sun. PwC wipes off easy in basically any conditions
    Bryan
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com
    Instagram @MrSparkleDetailing

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don`t see any problems when using the Twins on Gel Coat, but I always recommend using the Gel Coat Labs Products on Gel Coat surfaces.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, I have been using the twins on our rv`s for about seven years with good results, and Klasse is all I use on the wife`s car-am curious as to if there is something else that works `better` on gel coat glass. Our small 24` rv is a diesel and the rear of the coach gets coated with soot booggers which are incredibly difficult to remove-really incredibly difficult to remove. Talking Scotch Brite pad soaked in AIO difficult to get off.

For anyone interested its an `07 Ford 6.0 PSD which is one of the best diesel engines we have ever owned-yes I do wish it were a Cummins or DMax, but no way were we going gas so the PSD it was- really its the only good thing about the rotten rv we got stuck with.

Does anyone know just how gel coat glass is different from non gel coat glass?

Thread Information