Post Thanks / Like

Y/A RV how much to charge + other ques.

My first RV

`07 Itasca Sunova (28ft.?) Exterior only. Haven`t seen it yet, but he says it`s been maintained and is not trashed.

I`ve seen quotes by the foot from $9-$20! per foot. Could someone comment are these prices for just a wash and `wax` with something like ProtectAll

The owner seems to think the gelcoat is somehow different on this model -searched but couldn`t find any info -

Do I really need to use GelCoat specific products? Any info appreciated.
    “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    ~Albert Einstein

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Y/A RV how much to charge + other ques.

I have many friends who work on RV`s and they had told me it`s around 20-30 bucks a square. Most RV`s have Gel Coat finish but it need`s to be inspected prior giving any estimate to a customer. Also are you doing the interior? and how many steps are you going to do ( needed ) also. You can use the main products out there like M105 and M205, but I like using for Gel Coat I recommend using this product from our friend`s from Gel Coat Labs. This product works very well with a rotary or PC for Gel Coat and it has a LSP to protect it when your done.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks -

I`ve read both positive and negatives about some of Gel Coats products. On another forum I came across someone who used Megs D151 with what looked like very good results. But I`m really tempted to try Protect ALL. Haven`t been able to find an MDS for it tho. Their website praises the use of Silicone and Petro Distillates. I`m not savvy enough to know one way or the other; or if they are use in the product.
    “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    ~Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeMarque View Post
    Thanks -

I`ve read both positive and negatives about some of Gel Coats products. On another forum I came across someone who used Megs D151 with what looked like very good results. But I`m really tempted to try Protect ALL. Haven`t been able to find an MDS for it tho. Their website praises the use of Silicone and Petro Distillates. I`m not savvy enough to know one way or the other; or if they are use in the product.
    Prices of 10-20 a foot usually includes (from my understanding) a 1 step (cleaner/wax) process. Most RV owners don`t care about swirl marks, and most of the paint on top of gel-coats is extremely hard. If they want a swirl-free, show car finish on an RV then you need to charge WAY More!

Personally I would favor something like Meguiar`s M20. It is a Polymer Sealant with some chemical cleaning action. Apply it with a polishing (or even light cutting) pad via DA polisher for best results.

I would also consider suggesting some type of paint decontamination process, such as Iron X or the Finish Kare 3 Step Decon system. Again I would only do this if the owner was willing to pay extra.

Post Thanks / Like

Get your ducks in a row but don`t EVEN spit out an estimate without seeing the RV first. They all say "it`s in pretty good shape" and it`s almost always uh, untrue to be polite. I bought some Protect All just to try it out and it`s no miracle worker, just okay in my book. The trigger sprayer is a better value than the aerosol but it squirts product everywhere in a strong stream. Spray or mist? Fuhgetaboutit. That may not be a big problem on an RV but it is on a car. The vehicle must be washed prior to using it since it is meant for a clean surface, it is not a waterless wash.

Thread Information