Post Thanks / Like

Been Fooling Around with a New AIO

So ive been playing with some formulas for a new AIO for gelcoat trying to minimize steps needs on boats for boats that are in good shape. The pictures arent the best ill be going back later this week for a better test the rain was starting so didnt have time to really test, also dont mind my boat i know its rather dirty from the winter havent had the chance to clean mine yet.

Product 1 before

Product 2 before

Product 1 applied

Product 2 applied

Product 1 buffed even view

Product 2 buffed even view

Side view product 1

Side view product 1 looking aft

Product 2 closer product 1 farther away

Product 1 looking down

Product 2 looking down

The following 2 pictures my buddy has his hand next to the boat to test sheen
    Gloss test product 1

Gloss test product 2

Tape removed product 1 left product 2 right

Tape removed looking forward

I know the caliber of the photos isnt great and conditions werent ideal but i got excited and wanted to try it out. I think the first may have better gloss but 2 fills better.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Been Fooling Around with a New AIO

You are formulating these yourself?

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting , tell us a little more about it.
    Paul Sparks

Distinctive Auto Detailing

Indianapolis IN 46234

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Distin...70659146390192

Post Thanks / Like

Todd, yes im formulating these myself very slight variations in the two. I have a friend who owns a company that makes the products for various companys so I can give her a product and she can tell me what the bases are and then I have done my research into different products and the elements in these and can mix and match ratios. I can then give her the ratios of the different products and can give me a sample to test out and see if i like it.

Goal im trying to achieve is more of a filler with a good shine to it kinda like the effects of cleaner wax mixed with a machine polish forming a good one step product.

Post Thanks / Like

really tough to tell which is better based on the poor conditions (cloud cover). could you tell a difference in person?

Have you tried any side by side testing with your current AIO?

I feel like you need a more neglected surface also to really test it.

I know you`re developing your own thing, but have you ever tried xmt360? a little expensive compared to most AIO marine products but I`ve gotten good results in 1 step on somewhat oxidized surfaces (not just dirty). I`d be willing to give you a sample if you like (being that you`re local)

nice parker btw. curious where you fish that thing.
    Bryan
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com
    Instagram @MrSparkleDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Be very careful when changing the abrasive size/amount that you don`t negatively affect durability. Even a small change in the shape of the crystal abrasive can have a HUGE effect on durability.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gurge View Post
    really tough to tell which is better based on the poor conditions (cloud cover). could you tell a difference in person?

Have you tried any side by side testing with your current AIO?

I feel like you need a more neglected surface also to really test it.

I know you`re developing your own thing, but have you ever tried xmt360? a little expensive compared to most AIO marine products but I`ve gotten good results in 1 step on somewhat oxidized surfaces (not just dirty). I`d be willing to give you a sample if you like (being that you`re local)

nice parker btw. curious where you fish that thing.
    Yeah, conditions were not ideal and it started raining while i was down there.

A surface that isnt in as good of condition would be great considering my boat is an 05 and extremely well taken care of its not the best candidate to test on.

Never heard of xmt ill have to check it out.

Thanks! I love that boat looking to upgrade to a 28 express soon if all goes well. I keep the boat in merrick and fish those back bays, the state channel and jones inlet all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Be very careful when changing the abrasive size/amount that you don`t negatively affect durability. Even a small change in the shape of the crystal abrasive can have a HUGE effect on durability.
    Thanks for the heads up Todd, I appreciate it. I started with just mixing pre existing products after a client told me about someone he knows who does that and just wanted to see for myself if what he said happens was true.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by L&I Detailing View Post
    A surface that isnt in as good of condition would be great considering my boat is an 05 and extremely well taken care of its not the best candidate to test on.

Never heard of xmt ill have to check it out.

Thanks! I love that boat looking to upgrade to a 28 express soon if all goes well. I keep the boat in merrick and fish those back bays, the state channel and jones inlet all the time.
    XMT360 is the only thing i`ve used in that line of product from pinnacle. Works decent on cars, but I have plenty of AIOs for that. For boats I really like it. XMT360 is rotary friendly, is recommended for gelcoat amongst other things, contains some light abrasives, does not need time to haze, and seems to do ok when used in the sun also.

I`ll attach a couple pics of some work from last year. This was only with a DA. Obviously better results with a rotary. Been using the 3m white foam for that.

If the boat is in merrick, you`re not far at all. The day job is in east meadow. If you wanna try it i`ll give you a few squirts. picked up another 32oz last week

Spent some time fishing that area. Couple years back a friend kept his boat in freeport. Now I mainly stick to the north shore / western sound. can`t wait to start snagging bunker.

edit: top 2 pics are the hull, other 2 pics with the "D" ring are from the stern, last pic is in reference to the snagging of bunker mentioned above
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bryan
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com
    Instagram @MrSparkleDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Bryan, looks good from those shots seems like a pretty good product. Nice bass btw! My bass season was a little slow last fall, hurricane killed off a lot of the fishing for me. I tested on a better subject earlier will have pics up soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gurge View Post
    XMT360 is the only thing i`ve used in that line of product from pinnacle. Works decent on cars, but I have plenty of AIOs for that. For boats I really like it. XMT360 is rotary friendly, is recommended for gelcoat amongst other things, contains some light abrasives, does not need time to haze, and seems to do ok when used in the sun also.

I`ll attach a couple pics of some work from last year. This was only with a DA. Obviously better results with a rotary. Been using the 3m white foam for that.

If the boat is in merrick, you`re not far at all. The day job is in east meadow. If you wanna try it i`ll give you a few squirts. picked up another 32oz last week

Spent some time fishing that area. Couple years back a friend kept his boat in freeport. Now I mainly stick to the north shore / western sound. can`t wait to start snagging bunker.

edit: top 2 pics are the hull, other 2 pics with the "D" ring are from the stern, last pic is in reference to the snagging of bunker mentioned above
    Wow, nice results from XMT 360!

Thread Information