Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RV pricing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom,

I`m a little confused. www.Properautocare.com is the web-site that I`ve been using for a long time. They carry alot of the most detail products on the market today. This form was started by them and I assumed that everyone knew of the web-site. Now mind you, I don`t endorse that they have all the right products, but I`ve been very pleased by the results of Gel-coat Labs products and many of the Auto detail products as well. Menzerna, and Black fire are my favorites. Check them out and get back with me.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, a clarification is in order; first to keep the subject on Greg`s topic-pricing. He and yourself are using the Gel Coat Labs product, pricing would be affected if this line is faster, slower, no change in time, or `better` with regard to the end result. Of course detail pricing would also be affected by the cost of the Gel Coat Labs product relative to what is/was being used .

I sought out the Four Star Proudcts web site, the maker of Gel Coat Labs products, in the hopes of finding comparative reasons why someone should switch to Gel Coat from say, Klasse and this information is not available which I find odd-especially when the product is a virtual unknown.

Nothing significant is available, in fact the only substantive claim is contained on the CMA site, that Gel Coat Labs products have 5 times the solids of others, but what does this mean? Does the product last five times longer, does it take five times longer to apply or does it apply in one fifth the time, how about application with machine, types of machine, can you carry it to metal sections of the rv, does it stain rubber-seals, does it affect decals.............

Granted the Klasse people didn`t answer any of this prior to my trying AIO and SG on filberglass but Klasse has name recognition-see my point?

It appears that Four Star Products remains an unknown through design and in this economy you have to admit that is one hell of a marketing plan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information