I figured since some RV or motorhomes may have these type of wheels that this would be the place to post these questions.

Have any of you DC members done any polishing of these type of wheels? I am looking for some facts about this type of polishing so if someone feels compelled to write something like "Don`t do it it`s a PITA", please take the time to explain what it was that you didn`t like about doing them.

I live in an area littered with trucking firms and truck stops and I am considering getting involved in the polishing of the aluminum wheels, fuel tanks, bumpers etc. I was recently laid off from my regular job and need to generate some income so I really don`t care that it is a dirty job or that it may be difficult to get started in this particular line of work.

I am looking for more in the way of tips on how to polish them in a timely manner with good results. Pros and cons are both welcome in this thread but please be specific about your replies. Also, Ideas stemming from other (non automotive) industries are encouraged in this thread.

I have a friend who has offered up a free Alcoa aluminum bud tractor trailer wheel for me to practice on and I will post the before, during and after results in this thread at the time I do the work on it. Any other pics of this type of polishing work that some of you might have are also encouraged in this thread.

What tools have you used, what processes have you used, what type or brand of products are effective for this particular application, how much time was involved in doing a wheel or a fuel tank, what were some of the hangups that you may have experienced, any logistics nightmares (where did you do the work), any magic products for this type of work? these are the type of things I am wondering about. Thanks in advance for any useful replies. TD