So when I saw Justins00s post his detail and coating an ATV, I thought to myself ,"Why not another vehicle type for detailing questions within this forum". My nephew in-law bought an ATV and a side-by-side for his off-road and trail riding with his family up north at his cabin. Here in Northeast Wisconsin ATV trail riding is a BIG motor-sport/outdoor enthusiasts activity, so much so, that townships are now allowing them on public backroads so they can get from trail-to-trail (and tavern to tavern or eating places or just plain place-to-place transportation. Tourism money talks.)
Obviously, driving on dirt trails can get ATV`s quite dirty and my nephew in-law asked if there is a good soap to use in cleaning ATVs. He has a pressure washer on order, and that seems to be a common tool-of-choice up north, BUT there is a great deal of angst and reservation about using them, as the highly pressurized water can get into bearings/bushings and electronics, causing some concerns. I assume that some common sense needs to be used, including the "proper" spray nozzle and pressure setting, along with where it can be sprayed within an ATV.
Since I assume some of my fellow Autopians have ATVs themselves or know of individuals that do, I am looking for suggestions on what soaps and methods you use to clean the dirt from ATVs. The biggest "problem" is cleaning off the clay silt that sticks to everything, especially plastic cladding. That clay film seems to suck the oils out of the plastic, leaving them pretty dull-looking. I suggested using Meguiar`s Ultimate Black Trim Restorer after scrubbing the plastic clean with a soft-to-firm brush.
I told him NOT to use over-the-counter Simple Green or (formerly Castrol`s) Super Clean (The Purple Stuff), as these APCs/degreasers cause aluminum bloom or will discolor anodized aluminum.
I did do a little internet research and found that Chemical Guy`s markets an ATV-specific soap called Tough Mudder Off-Road Soap. Why not; they make and sell 10 other kinds of vehicle soaps, including a past forum-favorite Citrus Wash-and-Gloss.

Anyway, thanks in advance for suggestions on ATV soaps and methods. And yes, I am open to (and hoping for) car detailing products that can cross over to used on cleaning ATVs.